Thread: HELP! Need 6cyl thermostat housing right now!

HELP! Need 6cyl thermostat housing right now!

Can't believe it - putting my engine together after 1 1/2 months of it being apart for the last show of the season this Saturday, and the housing just cracked. Looking for one in Seattle or the Eastside for a 144/170/200, preferably for pickup on Tuesday or Thursday night this week - need to have it running by Friday.

If you've got one, please get in touch asap. Thanks!
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

That bites!

I thought I had one but looked around and don't see it. There are several sixes at the Pull-A-Part in Lynnwood. Will any year work?

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Yeah it does, and guess why it happened? The fel pro water neck gasket is made to work on both sixes and v-8's, so the gasket does not surround the bolt holes fully, and when I tightened them there was space for it to warp the housing and it split in two. *sheesh* Not going to make the Shake the Shack car show this weekend now

Thanks for the tip - I'll have to head out there next week. Do you recall what models of cars you saw? I think the later ones have temp sensors on them -could work but not the cleanest looking.
    Thor Johnson
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

Hey, it's only Weds. morning. Plenty of time still!

I don't remember exactly what cars are at the Pull-A-Part but think they were the lovely Granada/Monarchs or whatever else Ford put them in during the 80's.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Beer on a sick stomach = you know what. What ever happened to the vomiting smiley, anyway?
    Thor Johnson
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan

The Schucks Auto Supply on 15th NW and Rainier Ave S. both have brand new thermostat housings for the 200 in stock. $8.49 each.

They call it a "Water Outlet"

You may want to check out some on your side of the water. Fortunately not everything on these old birds have to be salvaged.

When I used to go looking for parts for my 1958 AMC Rambler Super, the counter guys would see me coming and go hide in the bathroom. It would force them to blow the dust off the "books".

Hey, thanks for the tip, Jeff. Got one in Eastgate this evening - funny how they carry the housing but not the correct gasket, but luckily the housing comes with the proper gasket. Now to go prep and POR 15..
    Thor Johnson
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan

All I can say is we counter guys dont create the electronic parts catelog just get stuck using it...

[Roger removed this portion already]

Nathan
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; October 2nd, 2009 at 02:58 PM.
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*