Thread: New glass

New glass

I need a new windshield for my 65 Hardtop. Any suggestions of a good place to buy good glass ??

Most glass shops can get it, call alderwood auto glass and ask for gary and tell him john henry sent you. it should be about 200. or so just for the windshild, install extra...jh

Also buy a new rubber seal from any of the Falcon sites and bring it with you. Consider having the rear seal replaced at the same time.

I also used Alderwood Auto Glass. They did good. It's hard to find anyone who still knows how to install the old style seals.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

My plan was to pull out the front and rear windows, then take a stab at headliner installation. Have to guys installed headliners before? Sounds like a challenge!

1965 Hardtop, 289, Top loader, Torino power disk brakes, Tilt steering, 2 speed int wipers

Mike Spears

I helped Jeff do the headliner in his wagon and it was a challenge. Lots of real estate in a wagon!

But it's very doable. Warm weather and a second pair of hands really helps. We applied spray adhesive and held it in place with binder clips while it dried. Start from the center of the window and work outward. It's similar to putting new upholstery on a chair seat. Try to keep even pressure and work out the wrinkles.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Quote Originally Posted by redfalken View Post
    I helped Jeff do the headliner in his wagon and it was a challenge. Lots of real estate in a wagon!

But it's very doable. Warm weather and a second pair of hands really helps. We applied spray adhesive and held it in place with binder clips while it dried. Start from the center of the window and work outward. It's similar to putting new upholstery on a chair seat. Try to keep even pressure and work out the wrinkles.
    We did not use spray adhesive... we used the little swab that comes with the can of headliner adhesive. The swab is connected to the lid of the can just like abs plumbing glue. A little goes a long way. There are some pictures on the wagon build thread.

Two people (4 hands) highly recommended.

You can do it! Don't worry.

Your hardtop will have challenges I did not have. Maybe Larry (badbird) can offer some tips.
    Last edited by Jeff W; July 26th, 2013 at 09:52 AM.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)