Thread: Help I Need a Window!!!

Help I Need a Window!!!

I broke the rear drivers door window in Penny on Sunday..
    I went to roll it down and it feel off track and shattered into a million little squares..
    I've spent the last two days trying to locate a replacement window but haven't found one.. I found a shop that can cut the glass and send it somewhere to have it tempered and send it back to spokane.. but that is time consuming and not cheap..

Anyone able to help??

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Wow Nathan -- that's a drag. It's the same as any 4-door car isn't it? And I think all the 4-door cars to 1965 are the same. Maybe Mark Eaton here is the Seattle area has one. I'll have him contact you via email one way or the other.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Here is a guy from Craigslist in Sacramento CA. I don't know if he ships.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/1332720202.html

The glass doesn't need to be tempered, just have a auto glass shop cut one out of safety glass [ the kind with the plastic in the center ] and your set to go...john h .... ps make a pattern out of the other one..

I dont know if the 4 door cars and 4 door wagons share the same glass or not..
    The back doors on the wagon are long..

I'll call glass shops looking for safety glass and see what they can tell me..

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

I don't think it is the same as the 4 door sedan. The sedan rear corner is angled to match the roof line.

I don't think its the same either..

So I ordered glass from the one local place that had the pattern for my window.. they are sending it to Seattle (of all places) to have it tempered..

It might take a while for me to get it, but I'll have a new window when all is done..

I need to get a new roller for the track as I'm hoping that was part of the problem

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

Nathan, why can't they cut the glass out of lamanated safety glass? can't anyone do that anymore, what is the world comming to....john h

Help I Need a Window!!!

I called Andrews Auto Glass in Everett and for the back window in my 64 two door hardtop they was $175 for laminated and $220 for tempered. He says they use laminated quite often since it is lighter in weight and works better in some applications. That is to cut out the glass only, no other work. Seems high to me but I haven't replaced window glass in many moons.

Every glass shop I talked to recommends tempered over saftey glass for the door windows..if the window was stationary, doesnt roll up or down, then they said you could use saftey glass..

So I went with what they recommend.. havent recieved my window yet as it will take a while to ship it to seattle then back to Spokane..

The one door window cost me $125 with tax... I need to order new rollers..
    I dont want to break another window..

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

Help I Need a Window!!!

Sounds like the best approach and the price sounds very reasonable. Good luck with the replacement. Is it possible to find out who in Seattle is making the window? I don't need any windows but I'm sure it will come up again.