Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Update pics

Update pics

Very appreciative of the feedback. I agree that the 8 stack is what I would select, but not sure I can afford that option. Jeff, I am going to look at your idea, it would be the cheapest solution. Just need to think about that for awhile and see what would look interesting.
    Here is a system but I don't understand how it would work on my car. Also a little too much, but close.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/289-302-331-...ht_2130wt_1303
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Update pics

Will this work on my car without having to do a bunch of electronic changes?? http://www.ebay.com/itm/SBF-DOWNDRAF...ht_1046wt_1402
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Well you'd need injectors that is another $400. Electric EFI fuel pump $200 return fuel line and filters $150. Not sure what this setup uses for controls? Computer or is it mechanical?
    I'll read it some more. I have a customer of mine that builds the ford gt cars up here and he uses the new 5.0 coyote motors and has an eight stack kit that goes right on top of those. He also has the setup for 302's and 351's. I'll try and call him to get a price. His are complete with wiring and computers. Just need to address the fuel supply issues.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

That first setup is more complete that is all the extra stuff I was listing. Plus I forgot the o2 sensors. Good luck with what ever you choose it will all look great in you car.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

I would just go for a large blower with injectors on it, maybe john force has some stuff in the back room that is not used anymore. not sure why the ebay ad shows only one ox. sensor for a V8 and what about the cpu. buyer beware with those deals....jh

Update pics

Thanks John, Thoought about a honkin big blower but don't want to cut holes in my hood. I am aware of your buyer beware warning and will keep checking. Contacted them today and will receive a call from one of their techs on what would be needed to change over from carb engine to fuel injected. From what the person told me today he believes everything is included but wants a tech to talk to me. I will share the info here. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

This is the option if you want to stay with carbs.

http://www.jiminglese.com/

Or go with EFI with this setup.

http://www.borlainduction.com/v8_kits/302.html

or this one

http://www.eightstack.com/
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Also know that with an individual runner system, you will need a different cam. Lobe separation angle requirements are different.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

This is they flavor I was thinking about for just a fiberglass air cleaner solution:

http://www.walterprosperaircleaners..../vstc1=phantom

Of course lower, bring the K&N's out over the valve covers a bit farther and more YELLOW.

Kind of a combination air cleaner and engine cover.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Update pics

Thanks Pat and Jeff. I really appreciate the help and knowledge you guys have. I love the inglese system, but so far can't find anything I can afford. The systems you show are definitely in the "wow" look I am after. I will take some time Jeff and look at your idea. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

I think this is the coolest thing I have seen for under hood treatment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Update pics

Looks good Jeff. After talking to Jim Inglese about his carb setups and getting infor about the fuel injection options I think that the dual fours will have to suffice. They are not exactly what I want, but I cannot afford over $5000 for just the fuel delivery system.

The dual four kit from ebay is what I probably will go with, but still have time to do some thinking.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Edelbrock-20...ht_2226wt_1164
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

That manifold looks quite tall, Larry. Is it going to necessitate a scoop? Possibly a shaker in your future too?

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Larry, what type of cam do you have? is a flat tappet or a roller. what is the number and the manufactor. I think I'am going to change mine..jh

Update pics

John Henry, I have a Ford Racing E303 cam. It is a roller cam. That is all I know about it. When I bought the short block on ebay that is all the info he sent about the cam.

Here is what I think I am going with on my car for the carb system. It will cost a little more than the dual fours but I like the looks a whole lot more.

Talked to Inglese yesterday and he is a great guy who loves what he is doing.

Here is some information on the four barrel replacement setup. The picture attached is what mine will look like, except my carbs will be painted the same color as my car and I will be attaching it to my existing Edelbrock Air Gap Endurashine manifold.

I definitely cannot afford the Inglese 8 stack which runs over $6000 for the options I wanted.

The Weber dual sidedraft system is a far cry from the typical four-barrel carburetor everyone expects to see when you lift the hood. The most typical response is "What IS that?" They run as good as they look, and the height is just 6-5/8" from the manifold's carburetor surface.

The progressive linkage allows you to cruise on a small primary 2-barrel; the secondaries are engaged only on demand. The secondary carburetor's throats can be sized the same as the primaries, or bigger, depending on engine size and the intended use. With Weber carburetors, even the cfm can be changed, so this unit can be sized to work on any size engine from a smallblock to a bigblock.

The Twin DCOE 2+2 Progressive Four Barrel system is your alternative to a standard four barrel carburetor. It's exotic but doesn't break the bank, with a total cost of only about A THIRD of what a 4-downdraft system costs. Besides their exciting appearance, the twin DCOE package delivers legendary Weber performance with instant throttle response. This setup is also very well-suited for top-of-blower applications, and can be run in tandem as a 4-sidedraftsystem on a dual quad manifold. From tip-to-tip of the velocity stacks, this unit is 18.5" wide.

This system provides great throttle response with no hesitation (unlike similar units offered elsewhere).

This is the standard twin progressive Weber DCOE system shown as shipped. It comes with a low-pressure fuel regulator, fittings, and base gasket.

This unit replaces any standard four barrel. The progressive linkage is important for economy, so it is standard on all the units.

Capable of flowing any required cfm, this system comes pre-calibrated and ready to run on whatever engine you specify.

Shipped ready to bolt-on and go, and available with your choice of any custom finishing options. Complete instructions are included
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker