Thread: Sad News - Denny Raymond

Sad News - Denny Raymond

I'm sure some of you remember Denny from Marysville. I remember meeting him at a couple of tech days. He's a member of the Rainier Falcons Facebook page and this was posted by a friend on his wall this morning:

This is Sheila. I am incredibly sad to tell you that my best friend Denny died this morning at the hospital of a heart attack. It was sudden and unexpected while in ICU from the surgery. I am still in shock and have not finalized plans. If you would like me to let you know what we decide, please email me at srraymond1@gmail.com

This is all I know at this point. If anyone who knows him more closely can add anything, please do. I remember Denny as a guy who was very kind, easy to get to know, and knew a lot about these old cars. My thoughts go out to his friends and family.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

A photo of Denny on the right, helping put in Gene's 302.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I also remember Denny from the Tech Day at my home, and how surprised I was that he was there to help with the install. I think that was the only time I met him and will remember him as a very friendly,willing, and helpful person. My thoughts too, are with his friends and family.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Denny

I recieved a email from Denny's wife Sheila this morning. I was shocked. I had been waiting for him to take visitors after his surgery. He'd been in the hospital a lot longer than expected. They had told Sheila to get some rest. Then they moved him to ICU due to labored breathing. I guess he had a massive heart attack around 1am.
    Denny was a great guy. He wired my garage for me last summer. He'd hang out with me and my neighbor on Tuesdays for car talk. I'm shocked and sad.
    My prayers go out to Sheila and his boys.
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Denny seemed very genuine, which is rare these days. I only met him at Gene's, but this kind of news is always shocking. Please pass on a kind word from us all in the club Bill.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts...

This is Denny's son, Ken. I wanted to thank you for all of your caring thoughts and memories. It touches the heart of my Mother and our family. Denny was a very special person with a heart as big as his smile. Denny had a very special relationship with my son Jack and they shared a love for classic cars. Jack is the caretaker of Denny's '61 T-Bird.

We will be having an open house at my home in NE Tacoma on March 1st. If you are interested in stopping by, please email my mother Sheila at srraymond1@gmail.com or myself at kenbloomfield@comcast.net and we will add you to the eVite.

Also, if you have any photos of Denny; special music you shared with him; or simply any thoughts on how he touched your life; please email to me and I will included them in the open house.

Blessings, -Ken
    Denny Raymond
    Marysville.
    1964 Falcon
    347 stroker, c-4

Denny's Love

Guys and gals,
    Ken called me today, and gave me even more bad news. Denny seemed to have some serious issues with his bird before he went in for surgery. Ken asked if I knew a shop that would let them store his car until they sold their Thunderbird for the cash for repairs. I said I really didn't, but would be glad to store it in my garage. I was wondering if a couole of guys could come over and take a look at it, see what's wrong, and give some advice

Thanks Bill
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

I'd be glad to make the trip over to help in any way I can. Let me know when and where and I will do my best to make it over there for a change.
    Also our thoughts and prayers go out to the family from all us Falcon people on this side of the pond.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Photos & Memories of Denny...

Hi all,

Thank you again for your warm thoughts and help reaching out to others. We will be having an open house celebrating the life of Denny on March 1st from 1-5pm with a brief special remembrance at 2pm.

If you would like to receive an eVite to the Open House, or if you have any photos of Denny, or simply want to share any thoughts or memories, please email fordenny@yahoo.com

Thank you so much. -Ken
    Denny Raymond
    Marysville.
    1964 Falcon
    347 stroker, c-4