Thread: Sssshhh....

Sssshhh....

We're sleeping....

Wake UP!!!

Now that I have your attention -- how's everyone doing? Been pretty quiet here the past few days. Hope everyone is enjoying themselves with the nasty weather.

Me, I'm just trying to finally sort through the last of the 25 boxes or so of "stuff" I got for helping someone arrange their garage after their father passed on. Got through the last box tonight (finally -- 3 months later). Got a dang-ged hardware store out there now. Now have enough room to look at doing a little fiberglass project in the back of the wagon.

What's going on with some of you? Does everyone know about the bowling gig Joanna's working on? Check out that thread if not.

See you guys-
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Rainy weather, short days...I'm working on a basement project. Clearing out a couple of small rooms that are next to the garage and I plan on making them into one larger room. Then I'll bust through to the garage and turn this larger room into a workshop area. I may even be able to move enough stuff into the new room to pull the Falcon inside the garage!!

Joanna's going to write an email about our bowling event and I'll send it out to everyone who's subscribed to the forum in a couple of days. I haven't been bowling in awhile so I'm looking forward to it!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Sssshhh....

I thought it was quiet, but was afraid the Rapture had occurred and didn't want to ask if I was the only person left. Guess I didn't miss it.
    Really haven't had time to do much except work, do my honey do list and sand sand sand. If any of you have color sanded a whole car by hand you know what I mean.
    After sanding this much I have changed my mind about applying more coats of clear over the clear. I have the car almost complete at 600 grit and will start sanding it all over again with 1200, then 2000 and then 3000. The smoother grits are a lot lot easier once you get the orange peel removed with the 600. Then I will start buffing what I have, soon I hope.
    It was a good plan to add more coats of clear but at my age sanding that long is not good for cramping old hands.

I'm so glad The Rapture hasn't happened. I didn't want to miss it either!

I guess I've been pretty much lazier than you & Kenny. I got a new car cover for the Ranchero last week, and haven't even put it on yet. However, in my defense I have been busy rebuilding my computer. I started the upgrade to the new OS, and did something wrong when formating my backup disc. I couldn't get back into XP, and had to use DOS (fortunately I kinda remember how to do that) to recover what I could from the 'C' drive. Then had to start fresh with the install, and........ it's been a long week! I'm now using the new OS and it appears to being hummin' along just fine!

Anyway, after I get caught up on my honeydo's, maybe I can get out to the garage for a little puttin' things back together.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I'm so glad The Rapture hasn't happened. I didn't want to miss it either!
    Well, being a post-tribulation-ist, I hope you don't mind if I drive your cars around while you two are away...

Oh... and I should mention Gene was being a very civil servant the other night as I drove up to post my ballot and there he was sitting out in the cold taking ballots from people who didn't want to get out of their car (like me). I should have come back with a hot chocolate or something, but I know, I'm worthless.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"