A couple of years ago I purchased my convertible....it has a high performance engine and with the Pete Jackson Noisy Gear Drives....electric fuel pump...and Flow Master exahust system it sound very much like a hot rod....which at times can be kind of cool but...I'm more interested in a quieter crusier. So...I was looking to sell it and purchase a more stock convertible but....the deals never lined up so...I need to change some things out. Not being that mechanical I will need to hire someone to make the changes....and the one local mechanic that works on these old cars charges $75 hour....so....I would love to find someone that does work on the side or is a retired mechanic....that would not drain my bank account to get the work done. I enjoy working on these if I have someone to guide me along....so the ideal situation would be someone that could come to my place...or was close enough I could just drive the car to them

The first order of business is to get rid of the noisy gear drive and electric fuel pump.

Next I would like to trade out he current rear end gearing (I believe they are around 3.5:1 to something like a 3.25:1.....perhaps even 3.0:1.

So...If anyone knows a part time mechanic that could do this work (I live in Buckley near Wally's Drive-In) please let me know.

Also..I will be looking to get the new rear end gearing (and hopefully sell what I have)...so any leads on that would be great also.

Just making these changes might do what I need....if still a little loud will look at the mufflers and perhaps make some changes there.

Any ideas would be great.
Thanks
Hal