Thread: Nathans new ride???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nathans new ride???

OK looked at the car this morning and was surprised to see a very nice 64. Very clean, and body very straight. Ed and I checked out as best we could and the body is rust free and seems to be very little or no bondo?? That or some one did a very good job. Car has lots of need goodies with it and very clean looking 302.
    I even stuck my hand up in the drivers vent and the cowl area was clean and solid. Seat look in good shape, rear has new upholstery, new headliner 3/4 of the way installed. All glass looked good no scratching or chips.
    The bad: The tunnel for the drive shaft has been modified a bit for the shifter, not bad easily repairable. I think if you look close at the floor pictures there are some small holes in the floor pans. Not from rust? almost like some one poked some nail through?? Again easy fix. Other than that the floors are solid and rust free. Has 9" rear axle and maverick front suspension and power steering.
    I think if Nathan doesn't buy this car I will. Very solid car to fix up. Hope this helps you decision Nathan, here a few more pics as well as the ones I sent to your phone. Let me know if you work out a deal and if needed I can go over with trailer and fetch it till you can come get it.
    Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's always interesting to see what other people do... and how they go about it.

"Dog Catcher" - very appropriate, but probably speed-bump catcher too. Was that a center-pull e-brake handle I saw?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Yeah, the P/O cut out the center hump for a Hurst shifter and some other type of center e-brake. Pretty amateur work. There's a couple of slices in the floor pan that don't seem to have a reason, and the aft mount for the transmission has a really crappy welding job on it. Not much rust under it, though, and the body is really solid.
    The body panels are very straight, and it's a good looking shell. Steve took an immediate liking to it, so if Nathan doesn't want it I fear for his home life.
    Everything underneath seems to be Maverick parts, for what that's worth.
    See the condition of the bolts in the motor? It's been sitting like that for some years,
    and it looks like it wasn't run before that, so... Good parts, though.
    Last edited by EdsFunny; February 19th, 2011 at 11:08 PM.
    If it's running, take it apart and see why.

Sounds like Nathan's Financial Officer put the stops on this project. Anybody else in the club interested?
    If it's running, take it apart and see why.

My brother-in-law has always wanted one of these - any clue what the guy was asking?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"