Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stella's Re-Birth

Unless you come up with a inexpensive (pretty unusual) floor shift column, the easiest/cheapest way is to change the collar. Lot's of truck collars will interchange. That's what I did and probably lots of others here.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Been getting ready to pull the engine today, exhaust disconected along with wires radiator tranny lines and more. Is it ok if I call the dude I bought her from a moron. He bypassed so many wires, left burnt cables in place, re-connected wires together by just twisting them and not protecting any of them. I guess I need to find a wire kit for Stella. Any suggestions?

I would attach images but this site wont let me search images on my phone.
    Marion Cain

64 Falcon Futura, Grenada Front Disc
    5 Lug Conversion, 302, Still putting together.

More about my falcon can be found here. Codes and a short video of Stella when I first got here.
    Also here you can find images Here

No - It's not appropriate to call previous owners of our cars Morons. The correct PC term would be automobilically challenged.

I create all my wiring harnesses from scratch, but that's my OCD behavior responsible for that. Aftermarket kits are just too expensive for my taste and still require about as much splicing. And I have miles of wire... If you're good at wiring, you're welcome to haul my pile home with you and do it yourself - and return what you don't use.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I'll agree with automobilically challenged.next question is has anyone had good luck with Ron Francis wiring? I am thinking this route to redo all my wiring here. Suggestions?
    Marion Cain

More about my falcon can be found here. Codes and a short video of Stella when I first got here.

I used the Ron Francis kit and loved it. So easy and simple. I had most of it installed in one weekend..

Ordering the Ron Francis Retro Kit for wires found a retired Autobody working willing to let me pay him to get the car ready for paint all the way to the final block and sand. I only have the rear bumper and wires to pull off and shes ready to get bare NEKKID (Metal).
    Marion Cain

I have a few images on my phone but need to get them to the computer. Stella Is now getting some body work done. the engine bay is empty the glass is out and the shell is all that remains. well it rolls.

So far I found an old accident repair with bondo, that has been removed and the holes are getting filled.

The floor is going to get some patches nothing that requires a new set of pans so thats great news.

I have pulled small parts off to sandblast using 7 mil glass beads. cleans up nicely. The mechanic at work is nice enough to let me use his blasting cabinet.

My new interior idea is coming along, I have a friend that does interior work so it will not be Falcon style I have decided to add a twist to mine, seeing how Stella was born with a inline 6, and she will have a 302 with Disc front brakes.

I will set up a few post here with images as soon as i can move images from my phone to my computer. For some reason I cant upload images from my phone to this site.

Hoping now that my computer is a bit better now I can stay caught up on events here.

Marion
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Marion; July 11th, 2013 at 06:55 AM. Reason: to add images
    Marion Cain

Looks like so much fun!

Can't wait to get a little bit of V8 action going in my Ranchero. Have the need for speed.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

It is fun, but I think im going to be broke soon. Stella may need to stay in primer for a bit, unless someone here knows a painter. I smoke a mean Brisket. (Hint Hint)... I will be getting more prep for paint done next week. Can't wait to play more... here is an image of me smoking. Lol.

RIBS IN THE SMOKER.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Marion Cain

lookin' good

Marion,

Thanks for sharing the progress and pics on your '64 2-door post. Also, I have a '64 2 dr hard top parts car with LOTS of stuff you might like or want. The body is complete with all the trim in very good condition. It was an original 6 cylinder Futura, but now is minus the motor/trans. I have a set of late model electronic bucket seats or some original hard back buckets from a Torino that may interest you too. My plans for this hardtop is to make it into a combo Rat Rod/Resto Mod that will look not so great, but haul ***.

FYI, I saw your smoked ribs and would be willing to barter some smoked steelhead if/when the time comes. I've been told by many people in the northwest it is the best smoked fish they've ever tasted!

Keep the pics/updates coming.

Rod
    Rod Neumann, Spokane, WA
    1964 Falcon Sprint Convertible

Pat got his `63 to primer and brought it down to the Maaco on Westlake. I'm not usually a fan of the chains but this particular Maaco is really good. They've got 70+ reviews on Yelp and a 5-star rating. They did a very nice job for the money. They were very accommodating and willing to do exactly what Pat wanted.

I know Lacey is a bit far from Seattle but maybe you can check some of the chains around Olympia and see if you can find an exceptional one. If you have a really nice base for them to paint, and get an extra coat of clear put on, you can do the cut and buff yourself to really make it shine and save some $$.

Damn! That brisket looks good. I grew up in Kansas City and when I go back I always get a "burnt ends" platter or sandwich. That's the end pieces of the brisket that get all carmalized and super smokey. The ones you usually pick off and eat when your cutting it up!

Keep up the good work!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Quote Originally Posted by TechBoss View Post
    Marion,

Thanks for sharing the progress and pics on your '64 2-door post. Also, I have a '64 2 dr hard top parts car with LOTS of stuff you might like or want. The body is complete with all the trim in very good condition. It was an original 6 cylinder Futura, but now is minus the motor/trans. I have a set of late model electronic bucket seats or some original hard back buckets from a Torino that may interest you too. My plans for this hardtop is to make it into a combo Rat Rod/Resto Mod that will look not so great, but haul ***.

FYI, I saw your smoked ribs and would be willing to barter some smoked steelhead if/when the time comes. I've been told by many people in the northwest it is the best smoked fish they've ever tasted!

Keep the pics/updates coming.

Rod
    I got most of what I need for her for the most part. however today I decided to replace 3 of the 4 floor pans, UGH.

I'm not a fish eater due to allergies but Im will to Smoke a meal anytime we can set it up...

Which brings me to seats. Im installing 66 Mustang Low Back Bucket seats, and have been thinking of a way to make risers for them. so my question to all here is:

"Has anyone tried to order the Seat Pan Risers for a Mustang and installed them with success in a Falcon?"

From what I have seen the Mustang seat risers are separate from the floor pan on a mustang, and weld right in. I can get both sides for 64.00 I am thinking i will be the genie pig for this venture. I noticed others installing flat track seats with all kinds of ideals but i have a feeling this will add little support to the frame and body but should work with small modification.
    Marion Cain

Quote Originally Posted by redfalken View Post
    Pat got his `63 to primer and brought it down to the Maaco on Westlake. I'm not usually a fan of the chains but this particular Maaco is really good. They've got 70+ reviews on Yelp and a 5-star rating. They did a very nice job for the money. They were very accommodating and willing to do exactly what Pat wanted.

I know Lacey is a bit far from Seattle but maybe you can check some of the chains around Olympia and see if you can find an exceptional one. If you have a really nice base for them to paint, and get an extra coat of clear put on, you can do the cut and buff yourself to really make it shine and save some $$.

Damn! That brisket looks good. I grew up in Kansas City and when I go back I always get a "burnt ends" platter or sandwich. That's the end pieces of the brisket that get all carmalized and super smokey. The ones you usually pick off and eat when your cutting it up!

Keep up the good work!
    I will check into Maaco down here, but I have found a guy in the Olympia area that will do the full paint job for 3500.00 including the final sand, but I am now thinking if its not that had to do the final sanding I will have to ask his price for letting me have the car after the final clear coat goes on.

I enjoyed his Idea for my green to be the Organic Green from house of kolors. it all depends on your primer color and metallic as to the darkness of the green in the end.

HUMMMMM Im scared about the Organic green also due to the images i have seen of it for the low-riders LOL

And Brisket YUMMMMMM My relator said he wanted Brisket for a dinner party so i set forth on Smoking a Brisket. My 3rd one was awesome and the rest since then have followed the same pattern. Nothing wrong with a great smoke.
    Marion Cain