Thread: 2014 FCA National Convention

2014 FCA National Convention

The Falcon Nationals are in Kansas City this year and it looks like I'll be going! At least for the car show on Saturday. The show is July 10-12.

I was born in Kansas City and will stay with an old friend. My parents live in Columbia, MO (about 2 hours east) so my Dad's meeting me at the show to check out the birds.

I'll take lots of pictures and maybe buy something to bring home so my `62 won't be jealous. They usually have a section of vendors with repop, NOS, and salvaged parts. I'll just be there for the long weekend so I'm flying in. I don't think my knee could take a 2000 mile cruise! I'll take lots of photos to share when I get back. Here's the website link:

http://www.midamericafalcons.com/2014National.html

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Awesome Kenny!
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

I'm flying to Kansas City today to see the Falcon Nationals! From what I can tell there should be 300+ cars there. I'll take lots of pictures and share when I get back next week.

http://www.midamericafalcons.com/2014National.html

If you're on Facebook, there's a "Ford Falcon Owners Group" posting lots of photos already.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/FordFalconOwnersGroup/

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Kenny mentioned a Falcon with a retractable roof at the meeting, but have not seen a photo of it yet, but I found this one today taken at the regional a couple years back This was a piece of work!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Oops! Sorry, I did say I would post a bunch of photos. I did actually go to the Gallery section and tried but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I just get a bunch of lines that say "Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /home/content/05/10432705/html/gallery/pp-inc.php on line 2410"

But I'll post a few here and wait for some feedback on the gallery. Pat?? Otherwise I guess I can only upload 5 per post.

Here's the retractable that was in KC. It had a trailer to hold the fiberglass piece that goes behind the front seats when the top is down. It moved really slow!

And a gull-wing Falcon! Interesting...

It was a very good show though, although it was typical Midwest hot and humid. I'm not sure how many Falcons were there but I'll guess at least 200. The Facebook page "Ford Falcon Owners Group" has a ton of photos and some videos including the days I wasn't there as well as the awards banquet.

The club that hosted has a website saying photos will be posted soon but nothing yet:

http://www.midamericafalcons.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

Word is the final count was 156 falcons

next year is Rhode island

2016 is either Wisconsin or San Diego... I tried to nominate Seattle, but we don't qualify... yet.. I hope that changes..
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Any more pics Kenny?
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.