Thread: Autolite 1100 help

the b.c.b. Guest

Exclamation Autolite 1100 help

I finally picked up an Autolite 1100 for my wifes 63 (thanks Dave) and rebuilt it and have run into the same issue multiple times now. The pump diaphragm for the anti-stall dashpot will not seal. At first it was seeping which screwed up the diaphragm (or it was a bad one) so I replaced it and now it shoots a good 3 foot stream of fuel out the top right under the pivot point for the pump arm. Does anyone have any advice on what might be causing this issue and how it can be fixed?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Kevin,

I'd say there is an orifice maybe plugged that this feeds. Seems the fuel is going to take the path of least resistance and it's not supposed to be UP. I know on mine I had to clear a lot of these with fine wire and blow them out. Half were very plugged on mine. I checked each orifice one at a time with compressed air. If you don't have a compressor, use a can of spray air you can get at Office Depot or Costco.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Kevin, The pump covers tend to warp and not seal. I've had to straighten every one I've worked on. You're more than welcome to bring the carb back and I'll see if I can get it figured out. We can use my car to test it on.

the b.c.b. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by modified17 View Post
    Kevin, The pump covers tend to warp and not seal. I've had to straighten every one I've worked on. You're more than welcome to bring the carb back and I'll see if I can get it figured out. We can use my car to test it on.
    I would appreciate an extra set of eyes at least. I've been beating my head against the wall on this one and she's chomping at the bit to take it to a show this Sunday. When would be a good time for you?

Pretty much anytime. If I can't get it figured out right away we'll just pull the carb off the 61' and you can use that to get you by till this one's figured out. Give me a call 425-481-1502

the b.c.b. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by modified17 View Post
    Pretty much anytime. If I can't get it figured out right away we'll just pull the carb off the 61' and you can use that to get you by till this one's figured out. Give me a call 425-481-1502
    I got the last diaphragm I could find in the state and it will be here mid-day Friday. So, I'll give you a call Friday afternoon.

Thanks,
    Kevin