Thread: My tires are getting slashed repeatedly...

My tires are getting slashed repeatedly...

For the past few months some pos has been waging a campaign of violence against me, damaging my car because the city requires me to move my car every three days as you know, and this pos doesn't like me parking on ANY block other than the one I've used for 19 years, so he damages my Falcon.

I've filed police reports, but of course they have better things to do.

I've though of foam filled tires, steel tires welded to rims, motion sense alarms, fences...

I think it will boil down to me hiding out for days waiting for this pos, OR not hiding out and just sitting outside of my car with my shotgun all day or night, which the police said I have a legal right to do, and hope this jack sees me and decides there are healthier hobbies than slashing my tires, smashing my headlights, and leaving dog **** on my car.

I just thought I'd get on here and ask for ideas.

Although camping out seems like the best idea, I have to be there 24/7 for days and though I will do this, I'd like a better option.

So, I just thought I'd see what forum members have to say. Thanks.

Camera

Hello, Wilbur.

I hate vandals.

Take a look at this: http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2013/6/...n-the-act.html

Dennis.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Game camara.

Or better yet move to a small town is eastern Eashington we could use a few more falcons on this side

Wilbur,

They do make motion sensitive car alarms. May be worth it if you're spending oodles on tires and headlights. But yeah - this sort of thing sucks.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I have to agree with Bill on this one. The game trail cameras are very good at this type thing. If there is a place to hide it so they won't also steal it. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pierce View Post
    Game camara.

Or better yet move to a small town is eastern Eashington we could use a few more falcons on this side
    Would have been my thought too.
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

How about sticking something like this dash cam...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X528FNE...TTQ6KTYG&psc=1

hidden in a Kleenex box in your daily driver parked across the street or behind your Falcon. 128g SIM card should get you about 20 hours of recording at the highest resolution. I think you could aim it to get a great view.
    Last edited by Jeff W; October 4th, 2016 at 08:41 PM.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

I hope I never catch anyone messing with my bird ! I think I'd be the heading to jail if I did

1965 Hardtop, 289, Top loader, Torino power disk brakes, Tilt steering, 2 speed int wipers

Mike Spears

That's CRAZY Wilbur. We use the battery operated afloat cams at our house. They work great, (motion activated, sees in the dark and will send notification to tour phone whenever it sees something) but a little pricy. Might be cheaper than tires though. One of the other options might be cheaper.
    I feel for you. You have to catch them.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Hi, thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately I'm very limited cash wise so I'm trying to find the most affordable method without the expense of trail cams and motion sensitive alarms. I did look for such alarms at Best Buy but I found that car alarms are not even close to keeping up with technology available.

I thought about just removing the wheels when I park the car, I'll be contacting parking enforcement about that one. The next issue could be him smashing the windshield, which is expensive. The other windows I'm not worried about.

I guess I'm gonna have to do this the old fashioned way, just hide out in the bushes, trees, or in the car with a shotgun and wait for him. I'm in contact with the Seattle police telling them my ideas and asking them whether my methods will be legal or not, I don't want to break any laws.

One idea is to just wait for the guy and when I see him slashing my tires, come out shooting my shotgun, just blasting away with round after round, loaded with blanks, no live rounds, just blanks, or shoot him with bean bag rounds, and hopefully he'll never think of messing with another man's car again.

Messing with a person's property like he does is a really stupid thing to do. Thanks again for the replies.
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; October 18th, 2016 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Keeping it clean in a dirty world

One problem with blanks, if he is packing, his piece will most likely NOT be loaded with blanks. If he felt his life was in danger and claims self-defense, you may be in a box and he is Scott free.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Very much correct Jeff. You are not allowed to shoot anything at someone, even a BB gun, unless your life or your families lives are in danger.
    There isn't an easy answer. But, don't try the shooting approach. Also, we need to keep the foul language off the posts. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

I can't help but think whoever is doing this is someone you already know or know-of. Many people these days get a burr under their skin for the stupidest things, and this might be someone who thinks you did something to them, which gives them justification to forever make you pay for it. Heck, maybe they are just a devote Chevy guy who doesn't think there is enough room on the planet for Ford guys.

The thought of taking this to the next level isn't worth it. You're a big dude and chances are they are small and this is their only outlet of whatever they are retaliating about. Pay attention to the whens and hows and maybe you will see a pattern. I would be cautious about confronting them though... nobody likes to be vandalized, but nobody likes being dead either (my best guess).
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"