Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weber adapter for Ford L6 144/170/200/250

I do have a hole-cutting tool I may be able to rig up to reduce the top of this thing to the right size. It would leave me with about .050 wall - which isn't much, but probably plenty. Finding center will be the tough part. There is a threaded hole in the center of the adapter I could maybe use as the center to guide this cutter, but not sure how well they spotted that into the center of the opening. Will have to measure it. More fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

So you already have a widening machine!! Just remember how you did it all, because I think there might be a few people looking to do the same on their rigs. Nice work by the way.

Remember? Remember what? That's what I take pictures for.
    "Oh yeah! I did that..."
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Nice!

Gene came over and motivated me to get this done. It runs! As soon as it got gas it purred. I need to do some timing adjustments, but I like this mod a lot.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

The purring is great, but how does it run whilst driving? Maybe it roars now? Wasn't that the motivation for the conversion?
    Last edited by SmithKid; May 13th, 2012 at 12:56 PM.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I did take it out on Friday and drove it and that's what prompted the "timing adjustments" comment. It's a different vacuum source from what I was using before, clearly. Need to back off the the timing a couple degrees.

But overall it is pretty different. There is no flat spot I hear about with this setup. Maybe because of my adapter. I do not know how "flat flat is" having never experienced it myself. It seems very peppy. Way more than before.

Unfortunately I didn't have any time to do much with it over the weekend. With other things distracting me at the moment I also wasn't feeling good (allergies kicking my butt) and only managed to wash it and my motorcycle, which I need to prepare to either ride or sell.

All in all, If someone could make this adapter instead of the one-size-fits-all adapters we have available to us, I think it would be a much cleaner install.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

When I grow up. I want to be like Roger...........
    Nice work ......as usual
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Quote Originally Posted by BillP 98201 View Post
    When I grow up. I want to be like Roger.
    No you don't.

I adjusted the timing last night and it runs even better yet! I am beside myself.
    (Roger ->) (< - Roger)
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

That's great news! Now you just need to fill in the blanks so we can see what the magical jet sizes are that make it run so well:

Main Primary:
    Main Secondary:
    Air Jet Primary:
    Air Jet Secondary:
    Idle Primary:
    Idle Secondary:

There's a huge thread on the Ford Six Forum but the sizes are all over the place so I'm always curious to see what others are going with. I'll post mine too but right now they're buried in a pile of papers downstairs. And my butt is buried in the La-Z-Boy...

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery". My brother cut this out on his water jet and did some rough work on the mill. I will still need to detail it up a bit but it's 90% done.

He used 1" stock rather than the 3/4" Roger used. I hope the 1/4" in additional height doesn't cause clearance issues with the hood.

Now to rebuild that 200 and give it a test.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

I am flattered. Looks very good to me! Deja vu-ish.

I don't think the extra 1/4" is gonna matter. I even have the Weber air filter adapter on mine and have plenty of hood clearance.

Did you add a threaded hole for the bell-crank part, or are you gonna do a cable-type accelerator pedal?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"