Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Engine Rebuild

The adapter is called a "Kenny Kustom". I just cut it out of some 3/16" (I think) iron stock and cut the hole with a bi-metal hole saw, drilled holes for the bolts, and did lots of grinding to clean it up.

It's basically a thin version of the adapter that came with the car. It was more like 5/8" think and had a vacuum port. Some have the ones that the heater hose hooks to for cold weather driving.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

But isn't there something between the thin steel plate and the carb? Isn't the thin plate the thing pointing it forward where the adapter above didn't?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Yea...sorry. That's a Stovebolt adapter. I cut off the two tabs at the bottom that aren't used and did a bit of porting/polishing. It was $15 and I think I paid $20 to have a machine shop mill the bases thinner.

Clearance is tight and I'm having the area on my manifold where the carb sits milled down as much as possible.

Also, don't use their gaskets. I made mine because the ones provided had slotted holes and caused a nasty vacuum leak.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

That's very helpful. I'm thinking about trying this this summer.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Here's a post for the adapter:

http://www.stoveboltengineco.com/aca...p?productid=91

And a good (long) thread about the Weber on Ford Six:

http://fordsix.com/forum/viewtopic.p...dapter&start=0

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

I've got a couple holley/weber carbs, I think, laying around needing rebuilt. May not be good, but I've not looked that close at them. Got them for the fast idle cam in case the one on my Mom's '80 Capri RS ever breaks again.

Thanks for the links Kenny.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"