Thread: Define Body Series Code#'s 18 and 19

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Define Body Series Code#'s 18 and 19

I am trying to find definitions or descriptions for the different body codes. The reason I am curious is because of the difference between what I thought was a Hardtop and Sedan. The code info that I have found shows the code 18 as2-Dr. Hardtop - Falcon Futura (optional bucket seats or Sprint packageand code 19 as2-Dr. Sedan - Falcon Futura (optional bucket seats on early production models”. From what you can tell by looking at the actual cars they both look like “Hardtops” or if the windows are rolled down there is no post.

Can anyone explain?

Thanks, Ric.
    Ric Tucker
    1963 Tudor
    66 F250 Camper Special
    66 Mustang Coupe CI Alum Head
    72 F100

This post was made based on pictures of a car I was interested in buying. This Saturday I had a chance to view the car up close, which is another whole topic . The pictures presented in the add showed a view that look as if the windows were down and had the absence of a post. As it turned out, the car had what is refered to as a T-Bird top which adds chrome trim to the post and rear window area.

Any-who, this car has a body code of 19 which is a "Sedan" and the car I viewed was a Sedan. Mistery solved.

Thanks, anyhow. Ric.
    Ric Tucker
    1963 Tudor
    66 F250 Camper Special
    66 Mustang Coupe CI Alum Head
    72 F100

From my experience, fuzzy pictures from far away are always a good indication that even the cursory visit is going to be disappointing. My you sad face, I'm assuming that was the case. Keep up posted.