Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Little @ time

Smile

I looked up two voltage regulators Napa carries. One for Ford and one for GM from the same year and found they are different. I also asked one of the guys at work the difference and he told me one was an 'A' system and the other was a 'B' system. He did not know if GM or Ford was 'A' or 'B'. I am thinking just because I got the altenator out of a 1971 Ford does not mean it is a Ford altenator!

Does anyone know if there is a way to tell a Ford altenator from a GM one?

Is there a way I can find out if I have any other Falcon Club members in my area?

Thanks,
    Guy

Smile

Yes, that is the way my keys are set up too. One for the trunk and one for the ignition and doors.

I am glad I named this Thread, "Little @ time", because that is how it is going!!!!!!!

Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Monjure View Post
    Is there a way I can find out if I have any other Falcon Club members in my area?
    I'm not much help on the GM vs. Ford alternator info but if you want to see who else is in your area, go to the home page and in the top bar you should see a drop down menu titled "Community". Click on that and there is a link for the "Members List". If the person has filled in their profile, there's a listing of what city they are located in.

Just click on their user name link and you should see a tab for contact information.

Kenny

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I don't think there is any difference between GM & ford alts, just the way they fit the bracket that bolts to the motor. you should get a single wire ford alt. just hook it to the battery and go....jh

Smile

Admin help,

I am having to reply to this thread to be able to view the most resent input. Is there some way to correct this?

Guy

Smile

I am thinking of giving up on the external voltage regulated altenator but hate to let it beat me. If I am not careful, it's going to beat me black and blue!

I'll have a look on the home page today.

Thanks,
    Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Monjure View Post
    Admin help,

I am having to reply to this thread to be able to view the most resent input. Is there some way to correct this?

Guy
    I haven't heard of that happening before. If you're logged on you should be able to see the most recent post. When you go to the website, look near the top of the page under the masthead to the right and it should say "Welcome, Guy Monjure" which means you're logged on. If not, log on and there should be a box that says "remember me" or something like that. This should keep you logged on each time you return to the forum.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Smile

Thanks, remember me fixed it.

Guy,

I'm not sure the alternators are exactly the same or not (GM/Ford) when it comes to regulators. They are all the same in what they do and need, but they may tweak things between the two systems and may not work if you use the regulator from a Ford on a GM alt.

Of course, GM also has a one-wire alternator that is a very cheap and common swap.

I'm sorry this has turned out to be such a hassle, but it really should have been pretty simple considering it is only 4 wires to connect and +12 power.

Can you take a picture of this alternator - or have you already?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"