Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Little @ time

Smile

Thanks guys.

It is nice to have you guys to bounce things off of. Having this site to refer to has been a great help.

Good Morning,
    Guy

Smile

MacDee,

Thanks for the wiring link. Now I can see how to wire everything.

To All,
    Please view pictures.

What is this capacitor for? I would like to replace it.

Am I missing a piece of the transmission mount? It looks like I am missing a rubber piece between the plate attached to the tranny and the brace. There is a rubber piece under the plate, should there be one on top the plate?

Guy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Guy Monjure; November 16th, 2011 at 06:42 AM.

I don't think you can buy those capacitors new anymore. They are a noise suppression device. They have a bullet connector on the alternator style.

I'm not sure what I'm seeing in the tranny mount picture. Something doesn't look right there, but I will have to look as mine at home to see what it is I'm seeing I don't get. I've never had an automatic car, so it may look different for that reason.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Smile

Roger,

You can get me the parts when it is convenent for you. I know how to wire up the alternator but am not so sure about the placement of the wires going to the old regulator.

On the tranny mount it looks like I am missing a rubber bushing on the top of the plate. There is a rubber bushing on the bottom of the plate which is clear in the pictures. I am concerned if I am missing a bushing I will get vibrasions.

Guy

Guy,

The parts have been mailed this morning. I didn't put the regulator in since you indicated having purchased one new.

There are three rubber parts of the transmission mount. There is a mount held with two bolts in the x-member mount and then a thin rubber washer between the x-member and the leaf spring with a big donut on the very outside of this with the shoulder bolt going upwards into the x-member. That's all there us. The shoulder bolt isn't long enough for anything more.
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; November 19th, 2011 at 10:50 AM. Reason: my tablet has a demon
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Smile

Luva65,

I got them, thanks. I have not had a chance to install it yet.

Happy Thanksgiving to all,
    Guy

Excellent... Hope it goes together easy for you

And likewise to you and yours. Happy Thanksgiving.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Smile

Hello to all,

Tapped out a couple of bolt holes and pulled the tranny pan yesterday. Found out the tranny screen is not reproduced any more, go figure! I spent a lot of my day yesterday looking for a new one and finally went into a tranny shop here in Albuquerque. I was told if the screen was damaged it could be re-screened for $90. Mine was in good shap and just needed to be cleaned. I used a can of carb cleaner which did a good job. I plan on installing the screen and pan today.

Hope your football teams came out on top this weekend,
    Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Monjure View Post
    Hope your football teams came out on top this weekend,
    Guy
    The Seahawks?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"