Thread: driveshaft help

driveshaft help

Hey all. I'm going to use a 66 C-4 trans behind my I6 and a 72 Maverick 8in (4-lug) rear in my 61 sedan upgrade. What drive shaft will match both, or will my original work. I can't work on it right now due to snow but want to gather as many parts as I can during this down time. Thanks.

Use your original but you'll need to have it cut down to fit. Drivelines NW can do this work for you if you are local.

Install the new rear end. Then slide the 28 spline C4 yoke into the tranny all the way to stop (BTW - You need a 28 spline C4 yoke. A T5 yoke will also work - same thing). Measure from the center of the U joint on the yoke to the face of the rear end. Be sure the rear end is weighted. Place jack stands under the rear axle to do this. Subtract 3/4" from your measurement and give it to your driveshaft shop.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Thanks pbrown

Thanks for info. BTW, I'm following your advice and ordered the Scarebird disc brackets. I ordered them 8 days ago and haven't been able to get a shipping confirmation from "Mark". Were they a little slow when your club members dealt with them? Thanks, John.

Well... considering he hand delivered mine to me I'd say that was pretty fast. And they were still warm from having just been welded together.

He'd indicated to me that he makes it all right there in his shop, or so I recall. Maybe he just welds the pieces himself? Anyway, it shouldn't take too long to make them if he has the stuff.

Is it that he's not calling you back?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"