Thread: Custom Work

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Custom Work

It's been slow so I thought I would share what I've been up to.

The trunk lid is getting radiused.
    The seams are welded up.
    The backup lights are shaved.
    The gas filler is gone.

Elliot is doing at his shop in the Capitol Hill area of Seattle.

The fenders and hood have been sent out for media blasting. Elliot will do rust repair and then coat them inside and out with PPG DPLF epoxy primer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

I like the radious! How are you going to make sure the water flows out and not under the radious so it wont rust? Are you going to use body sealant? I think the look is unigue. Where did you come come up that idea. Do you ever sleep? (LOL) Al
    Last edited by Alsprint; January 14th, 2007 at 10:15 AM. Reason: spelling oops!

The filler panel will be fully welded and ground smooth. The curve follows the factory body seal perfectly. Water will not be a problem.

I took this from someone on TFFN. They had a 63 Falcon done this way and it looked good. The doors are also getting this treatment.
    Patrick Brown

Pat was helping me install a manual choke this Sunday (in his nice, warm garage ) and I mentioned we should have a gathering in a few weeks at Elliot's shop to check out the progress on his bird.

Not a formal meeting but just a few hours to check out the progress and see the techniques involved in custom metal fabrication. It's hard to get in the car club mood when it's 30 degrees outside but it would be nice to see everyone again and I'm sure the Elhot Fab batcave is kept toasty!

Anyone up for that? I'll have to confirm it with Elliot, pick a date (maybe Feb. 3 or 4), and then I can send out an email invite to everyone on the forum.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Elliots! I'm in.

Thumbs up

I'd be there!
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Dan Guest
    Planning to be there, If I don't work. Need the extra $$ fer my Falcon. Thanx for the invite
    Dano

A little update for those interested.

This is the drivers door radius work. The door gap is set. It's coming along nicely.

I bit of bad news. There is rust in both lower quarters. I ordered new panels from Autokrafters.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Patrick Brown