Thread: New Wheels

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Wheels

Finally was able to take a decent picture of the new wheels on my Falcon. Have been looking for awhile about what I wanted and was torn. The Magnum 500's that I borrowed from my Mustang last year looked good but wasn't sure if I wanted the same wheels on both cars. Considered Torq Thrusts, but then again a lot of people are running them. Saw the Rocket Racing Sunburst Hypershot and decided that was the look I wanted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up

Very nice. I like that look too.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

New Wheels

Excellent choice, really adds a lot to the black car. Fantastic. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Me like! Wheels, for me, have always been a hard thing to both choose and to buy. As such I always tend to revert back to some retro or original look.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Those look good.

Agreed, like the look.
    Dave M
    1963 Ford Falcon Futura convertible 170ci auto.
    Arlington Wa

Quote Originally Posted by Ferari View Post
    Finally was able to take a decent picture of the new wheels on my Falcon. Have been looking for awhile about what I wanted and was torn. The Magnum 500's that I borrowed from my Mustang last year looked good but wasn't sure if I wanted the same wheels on both cars. Considered Torq Thrusts, but then again a lot of people are running them. Saw the Rocket Racing Sunburst Hypershot and decided that was the look I wanted.
    To be honest, I liked the gold BBS style wheels too. I am going for a late sixties/early seventies look on my own '65 project car, I have a pair of 14x6 Fenton Hustlers for the front, plan to mate them with 15x6 chrome steel wheels on the back, XF-8 ram log and M/T valve covers. I like the stance on your car, I want mine to sit similar to that.

What springs are you running in front?
    Last edited by falcongeorge; August 31st, 2017 at 06:52 PM.

If memory serves me they are 500 lb springs up front. Upper A-arms relocated. My plan is to purchase another rearend (someday) and have a set of wheels for road trips and a set for around town. The 4.11's on the highway are a little hard to take.

If memory serves me they are 500 lb springs up front. Upper A-arms relocated. My plan is to purchase another rearend (someday) and have a set of wheels for road trips and a set for around town. The 4.11's on the highway are a little hard to take.
    Thanks. When you say "upper control arms relocated" I assume you mean the "Shelby drop"? Perfect, that's what I have done on my '65. Yours looks great, sits just right. I plan to put either 3.89s or 4.11 s in mine, behind a 2.78 low toploader, but I don't do a ton of highway driving. I have 4.56s in my s10 with an auto, 4000 stall FTI, LOVE THEM!
    Last edited by falcongeorge; September 1st, 2017 at 02:49 AM.

Correct - the "Shelby" drop. Granted we did it 20 odd years ago....

Love my 4.11's around town but when traveling 2-3 hours on the interstate it wears me down. Have a set of 2.72's that we had in the car when it was sold in '98 (that came back with the car when I bought it back) that I'd like to use for highway trips. Just a matter of time and money to get another rear end setup.

Correct - the "Shelby" drop. Granted we did it 20 odd years ago....

Love my 4.11's around town but when traveling 2-3 hours on the interstate it wears me down. Have a set of 2.72's that we had in the car when it was sold in '98 (that came back with the car when I bought it back) that I'd like to use for highway trips. Just a matter of time and money to get another rear end setup.
    Is the car an auto or stick? If it's an auto, have you considered changing to an AOD? I am going to use one behind th Cleveland I am putting in my '67. For me, I just can't live without a decent rear gear, tall gears kill the feel of a performance car for me. I saw this pic of it at a car show with the magnums on it, they looked great on there.