Thread: Build Sheets

Build Sheets

I'm currently taking apart a '65 Falcon Convertible that is a real "original" car. It's too bad the frame rails and floor pans are rusted...Anyway, as I was taking the front door panels off I found the car's "Build Sheet" taped to the inside of the front RH door panel. The Build Sheet is about the size of a dollar bill and was used to build the car as it moved down the production line. I always get excited when I find one of these as it verifies the vehicle and is a good sign that the car has not been altered over the years.

I'm wondering if anybody else has found one taped to the inside of a door panel? It makes sense as the door panel was probably one of the last things installed on the car. However, I have usually found them in or under the rear seats. It would be intersting to know where others have found these? If at all?

Al Aiello
    Last edited by Futura; October 14th, 2008 at 10:04 AM.

I've always heard of people finding them under the rear seat. That is a great find! The only interesting thing I found in mine was an old newspaper stuffed in the wheel well cavity behind the back seat. If I remember it was a Seattle paper dated 1968?? It was interesting to see what "slightly used" Mustangs were going for back then. The section that would have had Falcons was too trashed to read.

If you can scan or take a photo of it, I would like to see what it looks like. I've never seen one.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Build Sheets

Here are a couple photos...this Build Sheet that I found on the 65 Convertible is pretty beat up..but you get the idea. I was lucky to find one for my 65 Sprint Hardtop years ago...and it's in much better condition. The Build Sheet includes the VIN of the car...and also the model type...along with what was the original equipment on your car. It's actually pretty unusual to find one...especially after nearly 45 years.

Al Aiello
    Attached Images Attached Images