Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Wagon build

I got to see them in person this past weekend and I was very impressed. I really like the approach, it looks sharp and should last a long time even against Kenny's slurpee spills.
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

Sweet Jeff. Very sweet.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    Hey Jeff, hang on to those back panels if you can. Mine did not have any and the way I want to do mine I need to make some like those. I could use your old ones as a template. Thanks Steve
    Consider if done. I'll give you the one I DIDN'T cut up. I cut one right at the transition between the two colors to make a cutting template. I laid the template on both layers of new material and cut through both at the same time to insure a perfect joint. I didn't really need to cover it with the chrome strip... but chrome looks good.

I saw them up close and personal too...very nice looking panels!

Can't wait to see them with the carpet and seats in place. We'll take a test cruise to the 7-11 for an ice cold beverage!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Thanks that will be very helpful putting mine together. Picked up the paint this morning for the inside so cross your fingers.

They fit!

Now I need to find some decent window cranks. I have the new white knobs but my handles look like the dark side of the cratered moon. maybe I'll get lucky in Monroe.
    Attached Images Attached Images

How many do you need Jeff?? Let me look through my piles and see if I have any that are decent. I know I have a few around just not sure of the quality...

I know I have at least one crank with a decent knob. May have others with less than moon-size craters. I've got to get "up there" and search through all the junk I have - have got to clean house in prep for the swap meet anyway - so you are welcome to any spares I have too.

Jeff, this is looking so totally clean. Can't wait to see it in person!

Also, hope the carb adapter was satisfactory. I'm going to begin looking at that project this week and see what I can come up with. Maybe a combo of Kenny's and my concoction. I want to try to keep the stock bell-crank - if possible.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I have one decent window crank and need three more that are "average to better".

I already have the repop knobs so just concerned about crank arm condition.

Yes- Kenny forwarded the adapter plate for the Weber - looks like a nice piece of gear. Can't wait to see the progress on your conversion and copy the best points of it...

You can have my spare crank. I doubt I'll ever need it. If you have good knobs, I may have others. I'm sure between and I we'll have enough to get you rolling.

The biggest challenge will be to make the pin that sticks out for the bell-crank to pivot on, me thinks. But if I make one, I may go ahead and make two - since it's always faster the second time. Or maybe 3 or 4 or 5. I may think of this as a "kit" I can offer to those wanting to adapt. None of the existing kits are an easy bolt-on swap. May be lofty, but we'll see what I can do.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"