Thread: New here and looking for some help.

New here and looking for some help.

Howdy All,
    Currently have no Falcon but used to have 3 different ones.
    1968 Falcon Futura Sports Coupe
    1966 Falcon Sports Coupe
    1968 Falcon 2 dr sedan

I am looking to acquire another 68 Sports Coupe. I have looked online in a lot of places but couldn't really find any websites that were very useful. Any ideas here would be GREAT !

I live in Marysville and about 3-4 years ago, I came across a high school kid who'd gotten a 68 SC from his Dad. It was in pretty good shape, although it was red, lol. Needless to say, he wanted WAYYYY to much {20,000, so he could buy a new toyota 4x4 - yuck} for what it was and I passed.

Any ideas on my search to replace my 68 SC would be GREATLY appreciated. My email is: thuntboss@hotmail.com

Regards, Jon

Hi Jon and welcome to the group. I haven't been on the market for a falcon for awhile - was looking for a wagon but stopped a few years back. Craislist.com is a good place to start, as well as the collector car version of the Auto Trader online (can't remember the link for that). I've seen quite a few of those later Falcons for sale over time, so I'm sure you'll eventually be able to find one without travelling too far.
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

Hi Thor,
    Thank you for the Welcome and the info. I'll start checking both right away. Strange coincidence here. I collect diecast miniatures of cars and was searching ebay the other day. I came across a guy selling old plastic models {the kind we all built as kids}. He had a 68 Falcon Sports Coupe model made by AMT for sale, which I bought. Apparently those old models are worth some decent coin because it cost me a hair over 90 bucks to beat out a few other bidders. Who knows, maybe this is an omen of good portent, and it means I'll find a great deal on a real 68 SC soon ! {A guy can hope can't he, lol}. In the mean time, I'll keep on looking the old fashioned way. Regards, Jon

I saw a 62 Falcon Futura plastic model on eBay a couple of years ago. It was still in the box and is good shape. It even came with a free ticket (never used) and brochure to the 62 World Fair in Seattle. I bid it up to $150 but didn't get it.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Jon,

Are the models you see in ebay assembled or in their original form? I've seen some vintage models on flickr recently that the guy had built and then sold on ebay, which was a bit surprising to me.
    Thor Johnson
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

They are in unbuilt form. The guy I bought that 68 SC kit from is ed427vette, on ebay. He's selling off around 600 vintage models.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedanman View Post
    Jon,

Are the models you see in ebay assembled or in their original form? I've seen some vintage models on flickr recently that the guy had built and then sold on ebay, which was a bit surprising to me.

I'll have to look him up - I've never seen any '64 sedan models before, just the hardtops and converts.
    Thor Johnson
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan

Craigslist has a 68 SC for sale in the Corvallis area in Oregon. Here is a link... http://corvallis.craigslist.org/car/556377632.html
    Good luck
    Craig
    Craig C. Laughlin

Crigslist in wenatchee has a 69 for sale.. not sure if its a Sc but it looks nice in the pics..

http://wenatchee.craigslist.org/car/523005907.html

Nathan

Boxstr - Looks good and I'm ON it.

I finally received that old AMT model kit of a 68 Falcon SC I bought on ebay. I just finished up snapping some pics and loaded them in my photobucket. Pretty dang neat I must say, especially considering that I never even knew that a kit like this existed. What do you think ? Here's the link to the pics:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/Falcon%20SC/

Just need to find some replacement tires as those nasty 2 piece hard plastic jobs HAVE to GO, lol.
    Last edited by 68FalconSC; February 16th, 2008 at 01:58 AM. Reason: sp