Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Call me crazy - Ranchero's (again)

Roger, haven't I seen comments like that before in another thread?

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Not sure Gene. I'm sure we have all felt the same.

Don't have pictures taken yet, but I spent all day Saturday and Sunday doing the "rough-in" bodywork on the rear quarters. Good enough for now. Sealed it all in with some primer sealer.

Then I masked off all the red painted stuff in preparation for spraying the jambs in the next day or so. While that then is curing for a couple days I will pull the doors in and start to clean them up.

So hopefully by next week I can really start to assemble this Falconstien. At that point I may call on a couple smiling faces to help me put the headliner, vinyl roof, and glass in. That will be a huge milestone.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I'll help, I'll help Mr Kotter.. It would be nice to see one come back together for a change.
    By the way what did you use to paint your black truck. I think i said that already?? The barn turd is going flat black for now.. Thanks Let me know when...

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    I'll help, I'll help Mr Kotter.. It would be nice to see one come back together for a change.
    By the way what did you use to paint your black truck. I think i said that already?? The barn turd is going flat black for now.. Thanks Let me know when...
    Go to Home Depot - #7777 Rustoleum Satin Black. There is an article in Hot Rod this week showing this as a paint-job option. They used flat black, but I like the Satin Black better.

And speaking of truck - I suppose I can write off your friend on that?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

I wouldn't hold my breath for him. He has to put a new roof on his house now so he will be broke for a while. I'll keep asking around and show the pics to people that I have..
    Thanks for the color tip, I am going to sand her down and paint her up..

OK Steve - thanks for the heads-up.

Tonight I sprayed the charcoal gray in the jambs and window openings and the cowl. So as that cures up for a couple days I'll bring in the doors next and get them fixed up.

My guess is that by the 4th of July weekend (my official close... and "miss..." of my 4-month goal) I'll be trying to put the windshield and back glass back in - if anybody is around. And hopefully I'll have a whole heck of a lot of other things back on by then too.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

It's been a few days since I did an update, but here's where I'm at as of today. Pictures say it all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Vinyl roof, headliner, and some work under the dash.

Pretty much ready to put the glass in now. Hoping for Saturday morning.

Will start bolting bits and pieces on as I can during the week between working on the doors some more. I got the passenger door about 90% stripped, but found the door handle had been hit hard and bashed in the door there. Fixable.

The roof came out only "OK." Not 100% happy with it, but not bad for a first time and it really being a 2-person job. It'll suffice.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"