Thread: How 1 small project leads to many

How 1 small project leads to many

I decided I should start fixing some of the little problems with my new Falcon. It sat in a garage for the last 15 years not being used. I needed to replace the antenna as the previous owner never installed the rubber grommets. I decided to remove the fender as it had the last fender bolt by the cowl broken off and the splash guard was rusted. This small project ended with the front end completly removed. I then decided I might as well paint the core support on the outside and the top of the engine compartment while the fenders were off. and fix a rust spot in the battery area.I also removed the front suspension so I could strip off and replace the undercoating in the wheel well area.Then I sent all the parts I removed out to a friend who does powder coating, Bumper brackets ,headlight buckets, new splash guards and a bunch of small brackets. I saw a ad on craigslist for a set of 67 mustang Kelsey Hayes factory disc brakes with only 200 miles on them and was able to pick them up for $200 and I bought a master cylinder for the 74 Maverick manual disc brakes and installed it with the adjustable proportioning valve I had in the shop. I also installed a set of coil springs from my GT mustang I had with the upper control arms and spring perches all in like new shape.The old springs were sagging bad. I removed the seats and carpet and found the drivers floor board has been fiberglased so I removed that and will be welding in a new floor board this weekend. All this started when I went to replace the antenna. I hope to have it all reassembed by the end of this month so I can actually enjoy my Falcon I bought for a daily driver in the spring and summer.

That is an acknowledged phenomenon on this forum usually referred to as WIAI (while I'm at it) that seems to affect some people more than others, but we all seem to have it to some degree. Can be a real problem at times.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

WIAI is turning into an epidemic!!! Somebody quarantine Roger before it is too late!!
    Just kidding I think all of us are guilty of this. I find myself starting one thing on the delivery and next thing you know I am at the other end of the car working on something completely different. Now I have 2 things to finish?

If anyone has ever watched "The Fly" with Jeff Goldblum - it's sort of like that. Once it gets in you, this disease, it just keeps happening until you are totally consumed by it. There is no cure. There is no escape. You must accept it. You must dissolve your food with this yucky fluid before you can eat it...

And clearly I have lost it....

Uh, send the men in the white coats.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"