Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Saving Granddad's Falcon

I had one like that at the swap meet that I had Steve powder coat. I didn't inventory everything as it got repacked - but I'll have a look to see if it sold or not tonight. If I have it, you can have it Don.

Assuming for a second I don't have it, I think you could clean it up really good, sand-blast it, and use JB Weld to smooth out the imperfections and then paint of powder it. Holes going into the water line might be iffy, but most of the corrosion under where hoses are will fill nicely with JB Weld.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I think I have a couple of those at home. Let me check tonight and see. I'll post pics and you can tell me if its what you need.
    Did you ever get your twilight buckets??
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Here are a few more pics of it cleaned up. Check out the hole in that thing! It seems like it would be possible to plug it (weld it) if I can't find a better one.
    Notice it does NOT have that little cut that looks like it was done with a small router. The one for the 63 and later does have that. Here's a link to what that looks like: http://www.falconparts.com/ford-falc...ERS-44p619.htm

Steve, I did find a really nice used tail light on eBay for a reasonable price.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

I'll grab my spacer in the am. I saw it tonight but forgot to take a pic. I think it's the same one. Glad you found a bucket after seeing you car I was ready to sell mine for that fine ride. Stay tuned. Pics in the am.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Here is what I've got Don. The one I think you need is in need of repair but I think I can fix it real quick with my welder. If it is the right one let me know and I'll get her fixed up.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

I had something come up last night and didn't get home early enough to go digging through bins from the swap meet, but the one I had looks just like that - and it needs no repair. So before you go off trying to weld either of those thing (and Don, your's is in WAY better shape) let me take a look for mine first. I will look tonight for sure!

I know the one I had I personally put the little worm trail in, which is used to provide vacuum for the automatic choke (it provides a suction needed to pull the hot air off the manifold through the choke tube into the choke housing). It doesn't hurt to have it if you have a manual choke carb.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Steve, WOW, much appreciated...but I thought mine was bad!
    I think Roger is right...better to fix mine if I can't find a better one. Even if I need to just mail it to one of you guys for some weld help.

Roger, so having that grove makes no difference when you have the manual choke? Would that also mean that the later model version would work?
    Look forward to what you find.

btw, a friend of mine (for 20 years) from work is working on the carb for me. She is a mechanical engineer...but a real hand's on type whose husband has been a mechanic for many years and she used to do all his carb rebuild jobs for him at home. She said it was something about her little hands...

I have so many people helping me on this....

My borrowed truck is packed, and my son and I are off to Phil's neck of the woods tomorrow after work after picking up Larry's trailer. We'll spend the night in Spokane tomorrow night and then I'm looking forward to the big reveal by Phil Saturday morning and hope to be home before dark.

This is a major milestone and I really appreciate everyone's help. there aren't too many more parts to be restored at this point-literally just a few...mostly just reassembly now...which will be lots of little things, but definitely a major milestone this week
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Don, Here is the one I have with some measurements as well. It seems only to have an extra threaded boss to maybe bolt something to. The bore seems to measure right at 1 3/8 and the distance between upper and lower bolt spacing is 2.700".

The slot will be a blind slot with a flat gasket on it - with nowhere to go. The later versions with the slot (factory made) are larger and the gasket has a hole to feel the vacuum up into the carb. The Autolite 1100 base, which is the one you see on-line for sale, is probably a 1.5" bore or more. Much bigger. I didn't measure one, nor did I have any gaskets to fit this adapter plate to compare the sizes exactly.

The gaskets for yours should be in the kit your friend gets to rebuild the carb, or in the full gasket kit from the motor.
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; May 29th, 2015 at 10:44 AM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"