Thread: Powder Coating

Powder Coating

I was looking at Kenny's link to his rear end swap and noticed the information where he changed out the brake parts. Kenny mentioned that he wanted to powder coat some parts and because of time and money issues he painted them with paint instead.
    I wanted to powder coat my boat trailer and looked into costs. It would have cost me $1150 to get 6 rails coated so I purchased all of the equipment myself. I bought a used oven for baking small parts, an infra-red heat light (highest cost item) so I could bake large parts, laser thermometer, the powder coat gun and several colors. Now I am using all the equipment on my Falcon.
    So.... I am not looking to get into a business and I am very busy with my car and work but if any of you have a few small parts you want coated let me know. Remember I am not a professional but I can post a picture with some of the parts I've done. The photos with the chrome looking parts don't show up as shiny as they are in person.
    All of the parts in the rear end photo are powdercoated except for the third member. The housing, springs, and I also coated the brake drum in high temp silver.
    I also have a sand blast cabinet and can blast small parts. Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFalcon View Post
    ...I also have a sand blast cabinet and can blast small parts. Larry
    Now that's what I want! Ever think of moving to Ballard??

Things are really looking great! Everytime I see an old oven sitting at the curb with a "FREE - It works!" sign I think of snagging it for powdercoating.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Your parts look really nice. I love the fact that our hobby allow is to invest in some equipment, use it once and it's paid for.

I'll soon have a Norton Motorcycle frame ready for paint... I'll be looking you up. If you can fit the rear end in your oven, the front loop sans the swing arm would certainly fit.

Powder Coating

Jeff, If it won't fit we can use the infra-red heat lamp on it. That's what I used to bake the rear housing and all my boat trailer rails. Larry

Sweet set up there Larry !!! Was just looking thru back threads and found this one. Very cool !
    Jonathon Hass
    Stanwood, WA.
    '68 Falcon Sports Coupe