Thread: I need help

I need help

About a month ago the fellow that painted my 65 Futura HDTP and has been helping me get it back together on and off for the last 3 years was killed when he hit a deer on his motorcycle coming home from work. His name was Bob Rider and he was my mentor, helper and good friend. Bob stripped the car down both interior and exterior. We got most of it put together with the exception of the interior (new panels, radio, dash,heater) We did get the wiring all pulled the headliner, carpet, package shelf, kick panels and speakers in. I need help putting in the door panels and seats. I didn't tear them out and have only a very general idea of how they go back together. I would be eternally grateful for any club members help in re-assembling this mess. Actual hands on help, how to advise, anything constructive. Thanks.

Jerry Kirby
    65 Futura
    253-847-1564

I can help. I'll be out of town for the next two weekends but am available after that. Maybe we can get a group together if you have enough space.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. That must be hard.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Jerry....I would also be willing to help but it would have to be on a weekend. I have a 65 manual and a 1965 also...it is a convertible but probably not too much different. The seats and door panels should not be too tough...although the door panels can be a pain to get in and look right. I also have a wiring diagram for the dash cluster if that would help. The heater box is also pretty easy...I am not very mechanical but have learned a few things having torn mine down for painting etc. If you have the firewall pad or insulation now would be a great time to put that in also.
    Just let me know...looks like most of the members are farther north than us so this would be my opportunity to help out.
    If nothing else I could provide an extra hand as needed.
    Hal

Jerry,

Sorry to hear about your friend. Wasn't he there that one day I stopped by with my friend Bill to pick up the dash pad? What a shame.

I'm there anytime you're ready. I'm doing a job for John H at the moment helping him on his house, but I'm sure we can work something out. It's at least a 2 hour trip for me to Spanaway, but I can do most of the work this needs blind-folded and I've got the door-panel install down to an art having just done mine twice (had one of the "new" cheap window regulator rollers pop off).

But be prepared to do a long day of it, since I'll have to make the most of the commute.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Keep us posted if you pick a date. I would sure like to come down and help if I can. Working on an interior can get pretty crowded with too many people but I'm sure there's something I could do. Maybe some of us could come a few hours later and play tag team.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Sounds like he was a really good one.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Thanks guys. I can't tell you what your help would mean to me. I will have food, beer and have lots of extra parts laying around someone could probably use. I have a large house but a small garage, as Roger knows. Also there is plenty of parking. I am not much of an organizer but call me at 253-847-1564 and let me know what is a convenient time for you. I do have a good selection of tools, a grinder and an air compressor. Thanks again.

Jerry K.

Jerry... you're correct... it's tight in there. I think what I'll do (if you haven't yet) is to bring my friends wheel dollys and this way we can move it over to one side or the other. Set two people up from, two in back and two inside and one on any door at a time and we'll be done in no time. Are you missing anything that you know of? Will you need a precursory visit, which I'd be willing to do for you, to help you organize and take inventory? That way if stuff is missing you can procure it before we all pounce on your doorstep. That'll go a long way towards making the best of the day.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"