Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Reconstruction has begun.

Here are the boring pics I promised. Body work body work body work.... Oh yeah did I mention body work???
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yyyaaawwwnnn....

Just kidding. Looks like loads of fun. Not. Looking forward to see if all primed.

Saw your Ratchero on CL a couple days ago. He's looking for parts.

I'm currently looking for a portable carport to put in front of the garage to move the Flarechero over there and do some of the two-four-letter-word work myself. Thanks for the motivation!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Loads of fun. I did finish the roof and both side panels. They are ready for primer and blocking. I think the rest should go fairly quick. The BIG flat stuff is very close.
    I think I see that light in the distance again....

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    I think I see that light in the distance again....
    Is that light in the east or the west? I hope it is rising... and not setting.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I am hoping it is rising. Getting my enthusiasm to work on the car again. Actually sanded on the hood last night after work?? Got 2 small low spots to fix and then it is the sides of the car. I think those will go quick, not so big and flat.

Keep up the good work!
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Got tired of waiting for my body guy to get to work and started on some of the engine and engine bay stuff. Cleaned, sanded, painted, re-sanded and repainted the engine bay. Looks good enough for me. The I detailed out the engine and got it all painted. Not sure if I should install it or not?? Might be a paint to paint the car if I go that far??
    Next up fuel tank and fuel system.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice!!!!!!! Keep going, keep going, keep going
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

I'd make it a driver even before paint. There is nothing worse than fretting over scratching something with wrenches flying. Just be sure you mask off an area when you paint to make sure it stays clean of overspray. Very doable. And... you'll be a lot less stressed because you are still in control of progress - even if you aren't in control of all of it.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"