Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Call me crazy - Ranchero's (again)

Took a few pics while at Roger's today. The engine is in the car, and now comes all the fun (?) stuff. We already discovered a few problems, of course.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Hey! Is that my engine leveler?

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Haha..

Not too many problems... yet. The starter terminal was hitting the header (probably due to the larger bell housing inching the starter outward) but picked up a starter with an end terminal and all is well. Other header interference issues dealt with by using about 1/4" shims between the mounts.

Gotta fab the tranny mount next so I don't have a jack propping it all up back there. Loads of fun, but long day...

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Dang it! Missing out on the fun again! I'll have a free couple of weeks after the 7 th of Nov if any one needs it.
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Well roger is it a goer yet?

Still a few things left to do. Fighting a few things along the way, but no problems... only solutions.

Congitated on the tranny mount on and off yesterday - came up with a plan. Need to do it now, though I have done some of it. When it's done I'll post a picture.

Alternator was bigger than my mock-up (stock unit) was, so that took some big hammers to make it work. It's on now and doin' fine.

Need a 1/2" fan spacer and went looking for one last night and could only find a 1". Got it, will have it machined down to 1/2"

Took the driveline bits to Drivelines NW before work this morning to have it made. Once I can stuff the hole back there, I can add fluid.

I expect to have all the bits buttoned up, including the pedal swap and shifter fab, by Saturday. Then hopefully I'll be turning the key by then. Taking my time, doing it right.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Looks good, sure like the V covers, have you installed the pypes yet? I could help on friday if you like. I think my motor needs to come out, noise is still there. lifter, piston, rod bearing or maybe the muffler bearings. but anyway there maybe another party soon...jh

Sure is purty!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I suspect by then I'll have the driveline and the mount made (and in) and can work on mufflers - if I haven't already started.

I'll be around on Friday, so just give me a call and if it's not clear from the forum where I stand on the progress, I'll let you know then.

Bummer on the motor. Take it to the track, that'll expose which muffler bearing is failing. I got a little 200-6 here, with a crack in it, I'll let you have.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"