For a very long time I put off getting a "Modern" radio for my '64 because I hoped some one would manufacture a "Retro Bezel" that could replace the original one, which the plastic bar has to be cut out to fit most of the new radios installed on Falcons with the "High End" Futura/Sprint trim.
Well I finally decided to get that new radio and plan to cut the bar out (since my Bezel has a crack in it anyway).

But rather then trying to "Reinvent the Wheel" I was wondering if any one else has allready done this and might share some tips on the best way to do this before I start on mine?
It wouldn't be such a hard job except I learned the opening also has to be widened as well. I started to take some measurements and put them on a piece of plastic that is flex-thin enough to fit con-cave like against the actual bezel.
I plan to use this template to locate on the back of the real bezel the material I may have to remove. I also have a Dremel Tool that could be used to round in the corners to fit the new radio's chrome face rounded corners.
Anyway if someone else has been there - done that, and has a "better way" allready figured out I would sure like to here how they did this mod. If not, I'll make notes on how I do it and would be glad to pass them on to the next Futura/Sprint '64-'65 owner with the top of the line trim radio bezel "Problem".
Jim
FCA #12126