Thread: ISO 1964/1965 Center Console

ISO 1964/1965 Center Console

Looking for a 1964/1965 center console.

I spotted a ratty looking console while at the Fall swap meet. It had no price on it so I held it up for the guy to quote me a price. "$350," he said.

I sat it back down and walked away.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Of course I saw them several times when I wasn't looking. Missed out on one recently on the FFOG Facebook page - doesn't pay to sleep in when wanting to buy parts! I've also reached out to a couple of individuals that listed consoles in the FCA newsletter - one just sold his last one and the other hasn't responded to voicemail or e-mails. I'll continue to contact them with hopes of getting a response. Granted it isn't for my Falcon rather my '66 F-100 4x4. Found a set of bucket seats for it last fall and want to do a Ranger look-a-like sans the carpeting.

I debated doing the same sort of thing in my '66 F100, but went a different route. May still keep my eye out too because I like that look more than what I did... though the '01 Buick leather buckets in mine do feel very good.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

I'd been looking for Mustang seats for a couple of years. Every set I found was ripped to shreds and in either black or blue (my truck is Turquoise and White). Found a set on Craigslist last fall in Buckley and timing worked out as I was heading over the mountains for the weekend. They are white and cleaned up nicely with minimal wear and tear on them. Bought the brackets and now waiting to pull the pickup in the garage to get the seats installed. In the meantime I'll try to locate a console.....

When I researched this (on the Ford Truck Enthusiasts site) there was some mention of brackets needed to adapt the seats to the truck, which is all the factory did originally. These brackets where being reproduced by someone on the site, but I never saved the information. I'm sure it's still there if you hunt for it.

If you're bored someday and want to get even more bored and see what I did on my '66, here's my thread on the Ford-trucks site:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/13...s-66-f100.html
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Duh. Now I see where you said you bought the brackets. Sorry.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"