Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 cylinder flywheel

6 cylinder flywheel

I am looking for a new or used flywheel for the 200 6 cylinder, 3 speed manual, 9 inch clutch. Any one have one?

-Do you all mean to tell me that nobody has a flywheel for this guy? or where he might find one , we can tell the world that we can't make the meeting but thats all you get,,, falcon people should help the other falconers, to 64racer can you post something about the colby run, like $$ and if there is a web site thanks....john h

There is an outfit in Eatonville that has lots of used parts, mostly mustang but I got a flywheel there that fit my '65 289 C-4 auto just fine:
    Mustang Ranch
    36210 108th Avenue Ct E
    Eatonville, WA 98328
    (253) 847-2623

Also Ron Boesl @
    Northwest Classic Falcons
    137 NE 109th Ave.
    Portland, Or.
    503-241-9454

Good luck
    Jerry

I might have one, but I'd have to go empty out my sheds (yes, two of them) to see. And I'm not sure what shape it would be in either. Not new I can say that for sure. I plan on sorting through my parts before the swap meet in May anyway, but I will go out there tomorrow if I can get home early enough. Wednesday is the meeting and Thursday I have to get a tire replaced on my Escape. So if I don't get out there tomorrow I'll try again Friday.

Is this a project in the works or your only car broken down? Might help me with my schedule.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

200 6 cyl Flywheel

This is for a project that got out of hand. Everything from the engine to the drive shaft needs to be replaced. I was really hoping to have it on the road soon, but since I either have to put new bearings in the 3 speed or replace it with a rebuilt 4 speed I have my eye on, I don't see it happening soon. I would like to get a flywheel that is turnable and has a decent ring gear on it in the next couple of days.
    I am going to make contact with the Mustang people tomorrow and see what they might have.

I'd hate to have 237 people chime in everytime someone makes a request for parts. Advice is a different story but if ya ain't got the part...ya ain't got the part. A simple "btt" would do:

"1. btt - "Bump to Top". btt simply adds a posting to a forum thread to show activity, thereby moving it to the top of the list of threads in that forum.
    For instance, if a discussion thread has been inactive for a week, it can get moved down in the list or onto subsequent pages. Any activity in the thread will move it back to the top of the list."

Have you checked www.rockauto.com or a local parts store? I have an automatic and bought a new torque converter when I put on my C-4. Are standard shift parts tough to find? I would much rather spend my time installing a new ring gear and flexplate rather than used ones. I might not classify it as an expendable part but it sure gets a lot of stress.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Since these were also used by Mustangs, there may be aftermarket replacements out there, but I've not seen 'em anywhere, though I haven't been looking specifically for one.

I've purchased about three or four 4-speed Dagenhams and I think I got a flywheel with one of them. Please be sure to post if you find one, otherwise I'll be doing a lot of digging through parts (early) for naught. I'll check the forum before I start digging.

Also, for what it's worth, these came with 8.5" clutch discs and not 9" as your first post indicated.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"