Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I6 clutch set

I6 clutch set

I have a brand new in the box clutch set from falconparts.com. part number 07-008 listed as fitting 1960 to 1965 144/170 ci engines. Not sure about the 200, maybe?

I no longer have any 6 cylinder falcons and don't see the point in keeping it anymore.
    It sold originally for $154 years ago.. asking $100 plus shipping from spokane.

PM if interested..

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Nathan,

If that's the 8.5" set, it'll fit a 200 if they have a manual tranny. I've yet to see the elusive 9" setup, but it was apparently a 66 and newer with the 3.03 3-speed.

Both mine use the 8.5" so I might consider getting it from you to keep as a spare. Chances are when I need one again (both of mine are new now) they'll no longer be available.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Mr. Bond
    It is an 8.5 clutch set. Surprisingly falcon parts hasn't raised the price on it since I got it.
    I held on to it as spare just in case I ever needed it.
    Cleaning out the garage and eliminating the 6 cylinder stuff.
    I can deliver the part in February if you want to save on shipping.
    I'll even take trades.
    I'm looking for a sbf flywheel 28 oz 157 tooth. New or used
    Also looking for a zbar for a v8, I have a 6 that I was thinking of cutting.
    Clutch set for a t5 but I need to research that.
    A 15x2 oval aluminum split finned air cleaner or a 14" round split finned
    Got find something to match my valve covers

Just some options if you have any of those old parts laying around

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

Nathan,

I don't have any of those things, sorry to say. Gene might want to count the teeth on that flywheel he has in his garage, which we are trying to determine what it is for. Do you know the Ford part number for the flywheel you need? (Gene, can you post the part number of the flywheel you have, so we can Google it?)

As for "need" of this, I don't really need it anytime soon, so if you plan to be in the neighborhood anytime in the next year, then sure, bring it with.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Roger,
    I'll be in your neighborhood kinda (shelton) Monday through Friday, february 27 till may 10.
    I don't know the part number off the top of my head but the earlier the better. So a c5de number I imagine.. though a d0through9 number will also work.. as long as its the small flywheel. 157 tooth..

So we can arrange something when ever..

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

I think Gene's was "big" - too big for his setup. He used the words "from a truck" and "going to make it into scrap steel."

I'm more like, "Hey, it might be that ultra rare flywheel made from unobtanium. We should research it before we melt it into a Toyota."

He agreed.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Roger,
    Well if gene would be nice enough to post the ford part number I'll double check it.
    I've done the same thing with bell housings.. I was one letter off and came home with a sbf truck bell that is too big for the falcon trans tunnel. So it got shipped to china to be recycled into a chevy part.

I already have the ultra rare 5 bolt bell. Working on getting the t5, just need some of the small pieces.. clutch kit I can get at o'reillys or where ever.. the flywheels are on ebay just want a lesser expensive option, trans crossmember I'll probably fab myself.. that only leaves the bell to trans adapter, and zbar, shifter, drive shaft mod.. Ohman what did I get myself into?

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

I hear ya. That's why when I do my V8 swap, it will be to an automatic. The thought of trying to track down all the exactly right parts, without taking out a loan, doesn't thrill me. Floor shifter options, for an automatic, abound. And I already have the single brake pedal ready to go.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"