Thread: 62 Wagon 302 AOD Posi 4Sale $3800

Cutman Guest

62 Wagon 302 AOD Posi 4Sale $3800

Typical deal… guy with too many projects, wife would like to park in the garage, and really hate to see it go… you’ve heard the story.
    I have a ‘62 Falcon Wagon fordor (back door handles shaved). This car has not been driven on the road yet… that is how fresh all the mods and parts on this car are. Here is a run down…
    Car ($1000)
    Fresh 302cu in ($1000) edelbrock intake and carb
    AOD ($400)
    Brand new 3.55 posi in 8” Maverick rearend ($1100)
    Rod n Kustom Cross member ($600)
    MII IFS ($300 bought the whole car and removed the suspension stuff))
    Front disc brakes
    2” drop spindles ($225)
    Tilt column ($50)
    Flush cable open gas door ($20... wrecking yard off a Kia)
    Frenched antenna
    Smooth tailgate (still has manual window crank in gate)
    64 Galaxy/Futura taillights with b-up light in middle ($50pr)
    Inner fender smooth (no stock suspension humps anymore)
    Rear lower quarter patch panel ($100) installed

I did the math real quick and I have about $5000 in major parts. That doesn’t include many, many hours of my time or all the little stuff (ball joints, motor mounts, shocks, new calipers/pad, window rubbers, etc)
    The care it quite straight. I took it for estimates on paint and both painters were pleased with how straight it was.

Areas that need addressed:
    In the rail above the rear driver’s side long glass, where the headliner bows attach, mice had urinated there and it was rusted. I have drilled out the spot welds and cut the rust out back to solid metal. I have not made the patch panel yet. My plan was to patch and POR15 the entire rail.
    The tailgate skin needs some body work. Both of the body guys said it was no big deal to fix. They mentioned heat shrinking. That is beyond my ability. I know you could slap bondo on but I am wanted to use as little mud in the project as possible.
    I replaced the front floor boards and it was the very first welding I ever did 5 yrs ago. I wasn’t worried about it since it will be covered with carpet. They are well done and solid. But, if you are after a factory look… not so much.
    The car needs door panels too… they were in bad shape when I got the car.
    The car will need paint… my plan was to go Hot Rod Flatz at under $200 for the entire kit.
    The car needs to be put back together and have most everything in baggies and labeled. It can be driven onto a trailer.

I have tons of extra misc parts for this car that go with sale (seriously, like a pick up load) . A guy could probably make $500 quick on eBay just selling some of the parts. When I get into something it is 100% and I rat holed everything Falcon wagon I could get my hands on for several years. My wife hates that. But now I am 100% into 3 projects and have run out of room and time.

I will send pics of whatever you would like pictured. I will answer all question honestly. I don’t want to waste either one of our time. This is how it sits today but with all four door mounted...

My sale price $ 3800 firm
    Thank you for your time,
    Rob
    Last edited by Cutman; March 28th, 2008 at 01:21 PM.