Thread: Freddie comes alive!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post

According to the original owners manual, still with the car, the car was sold by Titus Ford in Tacoma in 1963. I'd love to find a pair of those frames, but for now... these will be from when it got traded in to William O. McKay Ford in 1965 for the next Falcon the guy had. Yeah, that's what happened.

I have a couple of stories about previous owners.
    First, there was the guy who came up to it at the Greenwood show in about, um... 2003(?). He said "I know this car. I was with the girl who bought it when she bought it." He told me her name, and it was the same person I bought it from, but had a different surname. I said "Oh, yeah! Her last name is, uh..." He stopped me and said "I don't want to know." and walked off.
    The other encounter was a girl at the Greenwood show a couple of years later. She said "I've driven this car. It belonged to a friend of mine." I asked who her friend was, and if I could get a chance to meet her. "No," she said "she died a few years ago."
    So my story goes that the original owner sold it to the gal who passed away, the car ended up at Fred's Fine cars and the gal I bought it from bought it there... in the company of her boyfriend... whom she subsequently jilted! We'll need to figure out where the guy who got it from Wm O Mckay fits in. Maybe he's the guy that the gal who passed away got it from!
    Last edited by MacDee; May 14th, 2017 at 07:14 PM.
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4