Thread: Mecum Falcon

Mecum Falcon

Not sure if any of you watched the Mecum Auto Auctions that just ended this last weekend. It was in Kansas City. I watched quite a bit of it and there were a bunch of cars that went for what I thought were ridiculously low prices. The one that I almost gagged on was a 1964 Falcon that was restored completely. It was a convertible, red, 6 cylinder and the engine bay looked great. It sold for $6,750 and if I would have been there I would have dug up that much money instantly. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

I saw that particular episode also, and felt the same as you. It was a nice car, and a whale of a bargain for somebody!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Mecum Falcon

Even my wife knows I would have bought that car. I am seriously thinking about going to KC next year for their Mecum auction. The whole time there were cars being sold well below their worth. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Yeah - I missed that car, but was watching a few others on the block. Watching the prices of some really nice cars makes you wonder what planet people are (still on) when someone is trying to sell a junker locally for $6000.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"