Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mini Regional

Thanks guys! 8:00 would be a great time to show up. I'm sure it won't take more than an hour or so to get set up but that will allow some time to relax a little before the early birds show up.

And you'll get primo parking spots!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

2014 Mini Regional

Carol and I will do our best to be there by 0800. I have a few tape measures and other stuff that I got for free at Harbor Freight. Do you want me to bring them to give away and if you need other items please let me know.
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

If anyone has raffle items they intended to bring - bring them down. We should have a great selection and nobody will leave empty-handed.

I'll be there at 8am... if the creek don't rise. On that note the decision at the meeting was to go - rain or shine. So, if you don't mind getting a free car wash if the weather is a little inclement day-of, don't let it stop you. We'll be there.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

You said the "R" word!

The company my wife works for is donating a few prizes along with the dash plaques! We've got a lot of great raffle prizes for sure. It's always nice to walk away from a car show winning something!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Smile 2014 Mini Regional Info Please!

Hi, I just joined this forum today but I am a member of the Falcon Club of America and was sent the invite a while back for this event. I am planing on driving down from Vancouver BC on the Saturday and staying overnight at a local hotel/motel and was wondering a few things?

(I have a 1966 Falcon Futura that I would like to enter in the show.)

Do I have to register? (I could not seem to find anything on the site and did send an email but no reply yet)

If the show starts at 10am what time should I be there to get a spot & possibly help out with anything needed?

Is any one else that is driving from a distance have a good idea where to stay that would be close to the event on the Saturday? Anyone meeting up for dinner/drinks the night before?

Any help/advice would be great! This will be my first Falcon show as I have only had the car for about 2 years so looking forward to it.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help answer some of my questions.

Cheers,

Chris

Chris, you do not need to register, just show up. It is a casual show (no awards or trophy's) most of us in the club are showing up around 8-9am to set up.
    I think one of our other members is putting together something that shows local hotels and restaurants. There are plenty in the area.
    Griots has a parking area just for car shows that will accommodate 300 cars. I don't think we wil get anywhere near that but should have a decent showing. Hope to see you there.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Thanks so much for the quick reply! I am going to do my best to make it down to the event. I will keep checking this site for more info over the next week of suggestions of where everyone else from out of town are staying/getting together the night before the show etc....

Cheers!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by 66Futura View Post
    Thanks so much for the quick reply! I am going to do my best to make it down to the event. I will keep checking this site for more info over the next week of suggestions of where everyone else from out of town are staying/getting together the night before the show etc....

Cheers!

Chris
    Chris, here are the 3 closest hotels to the site.

Extended Stay America Tacoma - South
    0.95 mi
    1 out of 5 Stars

Website
    2120 S 48th St, Tacoma, WA 98409
    Between Tacoma Mall Blvd and S 47th St
    Phone: (253) 475-6565

• Directions
    • Find Nearby
    • Zoom Here

<LI id=business-listing-2 class="clearfix myc-business business " data-business-id="35092971"> 2
    Landmark Suites

0.64 mi
    www.landmark-suites.com
    4720 S Pine St, Tacoma, WA 98409
    Between S 48th St and S 47th St
    Phone: (866) 529-4481

• Directions
    • Find Nearby
    • Zoom Here

<LI id=business-listing-3 class="clearfix myc-business business " data-business-id="40711464"> 3
    Km Resorts of America Incorporated

0.68 mi
    www.kmresorts.com
    3108 S Union Ave, #A, Tacoma, WA 98409
    Between S Center St and S 31st St
    Phone: (253) 682-5880

• Directions
    • Find Nearby
    • Zoom Here

Don

Quote Originally Posted by 66Futura View Post

Cheers!

Chris
    Chris - There is a group of Falcons and Fairlanes in the Vancouver BC area planning on making the drive down. Roger may have thier contact info if you were interested in joining the caravan down I-5

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

I'm really liking the look of the forecast for Tacoma next Sunday!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

The dash plaques are here and looking great! Available to the first 50 cars. Let's hope we run out!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

Ok all the goodie bags are stuffed till I ran out of stuff. I think we have at least fifty, plus I have some odd ball stuff leftover that I will bring and we can sit it on a table for freebie grabie stuff.

I need a bigger place for more stuff!!
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

And remember, Griot's said they would have 50 of some samples of one of their products for the goodie bags. If I don't remember to ask when we're setting up, track down "Guy" if you can.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

So we are about five days away now, has anything else come up since the meeting that need our attention? Any last minute things to round up?
    I think I have all my stuff in one or two spots now but I'm thinking of adding one or two of my folding tables to the pile? Will they be needed or am I just adding extra weight to the car for the trip?
    Let me know if there is anything else! If not see you all on Sunday Sunday Sunday. ( I said that in my monster truck announcer voice if you couldn't tell)
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Appreciate all your work! Please do bring the tables as I can use them for raffle items. Can anyone confirm they have the actual Raffle Tickets please? See you Sunday.