I have a 1965 Ford inline six 200 ci with the smaller peanut three speed manual trans behind it.

The car has not been started for possibly two years but ran last time I started it.

Today it would fire up and run fine for five to ten seconds if I poured a very small amount of gas into the carb, but no fuel was being pumped to the carb while the motor ran. I started the motor about ten to fifteen times like this and let it run until the small amount of fuel ran out. Still, no fuel going to the carb. The filter on the carb is clear, the fuel lines from the gas tank are clear, no obstructions.

The clear inline fuel filter between the mechanical pump on the block and the filter on the carb "appears" clear but I did not remove it and blow through it to see if there were no obstructions, but it is a transparent body for the filter and I see no rust, no sediment, nothing that could be obstructing fuel flow.

I removed the fuel line near the gas tank and felt for "suction" while the motor ran for the five or so seconds using the fuel poured into the carb, there was very weak suction.

So here is my question, does anyone believe that maybe if I removed the fuel pump and fiddled with it or lubed it, that it would begin to work properly again?

I will replace it if I must but no sense in wasted effort if it does not need to be replaced.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Ideas?

As usual, I thank you all for taking the time to provide your input! Thank you!