Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tech-Day

we can make one, if you have some steel and a welder, I have made a few...jh

That is what I usually do. I think I have enough scrap steel, and definitely a welder. Shouldn't be too hard???? Now what to do for a shifter??

Well how about a hole in the floor and a lever like a motor cylcle has, would that work for ya. maybe a push button like the old mopars had in the 50's that would be cool...jh

I was leaning towards a piece of cable to yank on??
    Actually a Lokar shifter would be nice not too expensive either? thought they would be more. About 150? Time to order some parts.

I also have a new set of Monroe 2.5" brake shoes you are welcome to as well as a complete new bendix spring kit.
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

Thanks Brian, but last time Roger and Gene came over we went through the entire brake system. New shoes, cylinders, lines ect.. And since you helped me out with the M/C install it has all new brakes.
    I just wish that first motor didn't have that oil pressure issue and I'd be driving the bejesus out of it. Oh well got that other motor, now just need some time to swap em out.... Thanks...

The shoes from your axle now will not fit the 9" Drums. The 9" brake drums take 2.5" wide shoes, The ones on your van now (7-1/4 rear) I think are 1 3/4. I am not sure if the wheel cylinders will cross or not. Perhaps the drums will swap over to the 9"? Not sure on that either.
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

They made a 7 1/4 rear with 5 lugs? I'm pretty sure he has 5 lug rear. Would he have an 8" rear instead?

Yes, all the brakes were redone front and rear when Gene and I was there. I think they were 10" by 2.5 front and 1.75 rear. If memory serves me.

You will want to be careful swapping sizes brakes by keeping the front and rear in balance. The fronts need to maintain a larger size from the rear or you'll be needing to proportion them.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"