Thread: New Guy

New Guy

My name is Drew and I live near Silverdale. I've owned a 66 Ranchero and 64 Futura since the mid-70s. The Ranchero is still in my possession but this summer I passed along the 64 to my new daughter-in-law in August as a wedding gift (she fell in love with it the first time she saw it). My son rolls a 63 wagon so it's still all in the family. I retired from the government after 35 years of maintaining nuclear submarines and now just work in my shop. I have raced in a 4 cylinder stock car class on paved ovals for nearly 15 years in the northwest and love it. I ran mustangs for a few years but built a new car based on the Merkur XR4ti platform three years ago because of the independent rear suspension. And now I'm planning to re-body the car with a Falcon body just because it's cool. Nothing like an old school-looking stock car. We take our cars to many cruises throughout the year and just have a blast.

Welcome Drew. Feel free to post some pictures of your cars - we like pictures. Hope to hear more about the swap. Sounds like a very interesting project.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"