Thread: my car got a slight crunch

my car got a slight crunch

ranchero dent.jpeg kinda bummed me out. first shop i went to gave an estimate of 955.72 so hopefully insurance will cover it all. if i can find a fender for under 400 bucks it will be cheaper, but im waiting till tomorrow until the insurance companys estimators "asses" the damage and what its worth and what they are willing to pay.
    63 ford ranchero. rebuilt 68 200 rebuilt c4 electronic ignition intermittent wipers

Ouch... Hate it when that happens.

$1000 is about right, sadly, for something like that. Good luck with that and an insurance agency.

Might also be a good time to pick up a $50 set of body working tools from Harbor Freight and learn a little hammer and dolly work. Looks like most of it can just be pounded out as much as possible and then a half-gallon of bondo and some paint -- and wa-la! Unfortunately, that far forward it will require removing the fender to access any of that.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

id like to do that but the metal cracked/ripped in a few places, and it happened right after i gave the guy a jump!
    63 ford ranchero. rebuilt 68 200 rebuilt c4 electronic ignition intermittent wipers

Oohh... looking again, is that a big hole on the top edge? What did you hit up against? Interesting deformation there.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"