Thread: Newbie

Hello to all. My husband I, actually mostly me, purchased this '62 Futura a few months ago. It is all original, including the paint (a bit thin). It was a "barn find" by the fella we bought it from. He originally was going to spif it up and give it to his 14 year old grandaughter but she wasn't interested, she wanted a Honda instead. Worked out great for us. Not sure exactly what direction we are going to take it. I sort of like the original paint and the little dings and what not, it shows it has a real history. Radio doesn't work so we will have to look into that and the speedo doesn't work either but it runs and rolls great. I have found great web sites for parts, much unlike my son who owns a 54 plymouth, you can get just about everything for these cars its great!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sweeeeeet! I'll admit I'm a bit partial to early Rangoon Red `62 tudor sedans but that's a nice ride with the Futura trim package. Mine's a Plain Jane.

I say keep it as stock as you can. Mine has a lot of more modern conversions but I always try to be true to the era when I can.

Are you going to bring it to any shows this summer? June 1 we will be at the All Ford Picnic at Bellevue Comm. College. Try to make it if you can. I always love seeing original cars even if they have a little "patina".

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I too like the patina look. Remember, it's only original once.

Thanks. I will have to mark the 1st of June on the calander. Do you have more info on that? We would like to come.

They usually don't have a website but there is a phone number. 1-800-645-4997. As the show gets closer we will start a thread on the events forum and I'll email everyone who is subscribed to the forum.

We usually meet at the Burger King nearby for breakfast and cruise over about 9am. I think there's a $10 entry fee. Stay tuned for details!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

cute ride!!
    welcome in
    "Never under any circumstances, take a laxative and a sleeping pill at the same time !!"

1sweet61 Guest
    Koool car. I say keep it stock....not many of those around anymore.
    Interesting that the radio is the one thing that doesn't work in my
    61. Never has since I've owned it. If you figure out the problem,
    I'd love to hear about it. Good luck.

The original radio was the only thing that did not work when we bought our 62. After investigating the problem, it turned out that someone had connected the battery in reverse. Seems that the old generators would work on either a negative or positive ground depending on how it was polarized during installation. I swapped the cables and repolarized the generator and the radio worked.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

We will have to check that out. I did notice it needs a battery tie down too. I can't say the red ride is getting much attention just yet. Hubbie races circle track and the season is to start here next week. It is hard to get help, just at this moment. But all in due time!!