Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engine dies issues

Yes the one that is mounted is the somewhat working one. The one with the red powder coated canister is the one off of the pole car and looked to be brand new.
    Now that you said dual mount maybe I am a bit slow.. That pump will fit as far as bolt placement but I noticed a area of the block showing that if I invert the pump (canister down) it will go in place however the fittings hit the frame that is right there. Unfortunately the pump does not have the removable lower section or I could rotate that part. But it would still be upside down?
    Does this confuse you as much as me?? Car did make it all the way to work today without dying? We will see what is does on the way home tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    We will see what is does on the way home tonight.
    What happened, Steve? Is the pump working?
    If it's running, take it apart and see why.

Embarrassing is what happened. Put on the new pump and it died more times than ever before. Got it home, and started looking at the sending unit again. It was fine, but something had gotten into the supply line and plugged it up. A quick blast with the air hose and she was back in business.
    Now the embarrassing part. Patrick asked if I had checked all that and I did except the supply line. I had cleaned it out when I first got the car running. Second part is the fuel pump I had is fine, and the one from the 65 is fine and works on the car. Roger pointed out to me that I had a dual mount on my block. And the fuel pump I bought is good..... So if anyone needs a fuel pump I have 2 extras that are brand new. They won't take them back because they have had gas in them.
    Part 2: On the way home last night the brake went completely out on me. Loud grinding noise and then a shutter and boom pedal to the floor. I have already done the dual master cylinder so now I need to take apart the brake and re-do all that. And that means Sedan Delivery on Hold....

Don't forget - I have a complete set of 6 cyl brake parts with pretty new bits and pieces I will never use. You can come get those - and the front end parts... anytime.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"