Thread: 1965 Convertible

1965 Convertible

For those of you on TFFN you might have noticed that Walt Di Domenico had posted his ranchero for sale. After some discussion with him he has agreed to sell it to me. It is in Florida and I am in the process of trying to locate a shipper.
    But, with the purchase I have listed my convertible for sale on Craigslist. Below is the link....hopefully it works.
    This is probably not the best time of the year to sell a convertible so if it doesn't sell now will probably wait until spring. That is....unless I figure out how to keep both the ranchero and falcon.....
    I have a fairly extensive write up detailing as much history on the car that I have. If you know of someone that might be interested please pass this on to them.
    Thanks
    Hal

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/4098436813.html

The car sold to a very nice fellow....should be heading to the San Francisco area early next week.

Condolences and congratulations.

I still miss my convertible but am glad I no longer have two vintage cars to maintain

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Yep...I understand both points. But with the Ranchero hopefully shipping next week I don't have the room or time to play with both of them.

It is going to a very nice young family who are really looking forward to having it. I had another potential buyer coming before the SF buyer could get here...the other buyer wanted to play the game of a low ball offer then counter....counter...counter etc. Which I understand but knowing the other family really wanted the car I didn't play the game.

Just thanked him for the offer and excused myself from the conversation. I think I kind of surprised him but really didn't have the time or desire to go that route.

The car will be taken care of and the things I identified as needed attention will be taken care of. The buyer assured me it would be in a parade soon with his two little kids riding in the back.

Really happy for them and their excitement about the car. Surprisingly enough it was his wife driving the purchase more so than the husband.

Hal

If there are kids in the back you may want to mention this product to them:

http://tankarmor.com/index.php

I was going to get one for my Convertible. It may need a slight modification for the Falcons but worth considering. A plate sealed and secured behind the rear seat-back isn't possible like some guys do on the falcons with "fixed" roof.

Anxious to see your Ranchero... as are you I'm sure

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)