Thread: 2010 Events Planning

2010 Events Planning

I thought I would start a thread as I mentioned last night at the meeting and start to get a few ideas from you folks about what sort of events you'd like the club to do. Don't be shy. Whatever comes to mind. Cruises, shows, a tech day on your car, picnics, you name it. We can then refer to this list as we look for things to do. Also if you feel we're missing the mark in any way, feel free to post your thoughts here too -- but keep it constructive.

2010 Events Planning

Let's start at the top and work down. I heard someone mention that it is expensive to hold a regional Falcon gathering. Not sure what that entails, but I imagine some of you have been involved in setting those up. Can one of you with experience discuss some of the decisions that have to be made and a synopsis of events required to garner an event?
    It wouldn't hurt to establish a seperate fund or donation pot to gather funds specifically for a major gathering would it??
    Also can we start looking at finding a site to hold a show sponsored by our club. Should be some watering hole or something around here that would love to have the cars and people to show up.
    I understand it takes a lot of dedication and volunteer work to adopt these ideas and I am not the best to speak since I didn't make the monthly meeting.
    I love the tech days and I liked the idea of having meetings every other month at a formal location and the other meetings at someones house or garage.
    I am definitely looking forward to begging a tech day at my house and maybe we can make it a barbeque and meeting combined. Larry

I like the idea of an east meets west car show, but that might be a while out before something like that can happen.

Another regional would be cool..

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Tech Days

Well guys..... Im back from vacation. I saw NO Falcons in Hawaii......can ya believe that? Sorry bout missing the meeting. Will try and schedule around things next year. Think tech days are great!
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Events

I would like to see more falcons at the Mega Ford Race
    at Mission Raceway. Sept. 11th & 12th.

I could really use some help replacing my front suspension/steering, as whats on there seems to be mostly the stuff from the factory. My parts will be here tuesday. Jon
    Jonathon Hass
    Stanwood, WA.
    '68 Falcon Sports Coupe

XXX Christmas show anyone?

Any interest in trying to get a few cars out to the XXX drive-in for their show this year? We had a total of 3 last year - and met Dalton and Bob. Having been so crazy busy this year I only had my car out once, so if it's not pouring down rain or snowing (anything is possible this year they're saying) I'd like to get a few of us to show up. I think it's on the 5th of December. Yes, No?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"