Thread: Took a ride today....

Took a ride today....

Had the opportunity to ride in a nice little falcon. Mike has been working on the car for some time and I believe the engine puts out about 430 HP and perhaps 380 or so to the rear wheels. Well, I have not seen this kind of power since I was in high school in the late 1960's.....I had less fear back then.

Moving along at 35 MPH or so he jumped on it and wow, tires spun and the car's front came up and off we went. Really cool for an old guy like me.

The car is very nice as it is but once his girl friend gets through painting it will look even better.

If anyone needs suspension work, minor mechanical work, or body and paint work done let me know. Mike and Kristy do good work and at a reasonable price. Plus it is fun to look at their toys.

Took a ride today....

If they are reasonable at painting costs I might be very interested in getting this ford pickup painted in the future. I am not in the mood to paint another car in a garage. I didn't mind the primer and paint processes but I was totally fumed (literally and otherwise) when it came to the clear coat job. I can even handle the color buff and sanding, but applying the clear was an absolute pain. Maybe I can talk to them about costs and etc. Thanks Hal for the info. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker