Thread: Wire Routing

Wire Routing

It has been 2 1/2 years since I dismantled my Falcon and thought I took pictures of everything to help get it back together. But, I can't for the life of me figure out the routing path for the wires that go to the back of the car. I am installing an after market "Easy Wiring" set with a fuse panel. If anyone has pics of this routing it would help. Especially how the wires route down from the top left area under the dash and down by the kick panel on the left side and where they go in that area. Larry

I know, but never took pictures of anything like that I've ever done. Why, I don't know.

Basically there is a hole just to the left of the dash, above where the stock fuse box mounts, and you run wires down through there, some go to the jamb switch and door lights (if any) and then they come out just fore of the sill trough -- then down the trough and back into the area below the rear window regulator, over the wheel well, one wire to the gas sender and the rest to the tail lights.

On the passenger side they go about the same way except that they didn't run any wires down the passenger side unless you had a wagon with electric tail gate innerds or a convertible. Of course, I ran tons of stuff down that side.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

wiring

I have pictures from the shop manual that might help. When I did mine we pulled all the wires to rear on the floor down the driver side. Just as they were routed originally.There were originally a couple of plastic clips holding the bundle to the wall however never bothered to reuse them just made nice tight bundle tied up with black cable ties and wraped with that corrogated plastic duct. In fact I still have the old wire bundles we took out. To hold it down we used the cable ties with a hole in the end and screwed them down with sms. If you want the wiring diagram info I can make copies and mail them to you. Can't send them e-mail, they wouldn't copy well. The print is not very dark and very small. The only wires that went down the passenger side were speaker wires. I have a non stock dash with the fuse block mtd on the driver side engine compartment near front. That of course required an entirely different plan. Hope this may help a little. You really just have to have a basic idea where they go and use your intuition.

Jerry
    '65 Futura work in progress

This is my 63 wagon:

In at the top door hinge

Out at the bottom door hinge - pay no attention to the butcher job from the PO's (previous owner) attempt to make clearance for the speaker magnet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah -- just like that.

Jerry, your wires ran on the floor and not in the sill trough like the pics Jeff took? I assumed the Falcon was just like the Mustang, which has it running just like Jeff and mine has them running. It's not very well protected running under the carpet in the corner. Probably OK though...
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"