Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Now I've done it! 62 Van

Cleaned her all up polished the wheels and she is ready to come down for the mini...
    Attached Images Attached Images

So all was going well, until the drive home from work last night. Made it most of the way home (about 10 miles) and up the last hill before my turn off the Van lost a lot of power, some smoke out of the exhaust and the valves started to clatter. I hit neutral coasted off the Highway onto my road, engine still running. Sat for 15-20- seconds and the clattering stopped. So I proceeded the last mile home. Van ran fine, had power, and no clatter????
    Any ideas? I was thinking oil pump may be clogging or going bad but would that cause power loss???
    Crap she was just getting fun to drive.

Sure - no oil being pumped would make the valves stop working right - no power. Why it would happen? Taking those corners at 6 G's? IDK. Did you pull the pan on this ever? Timing Chain/Gear set one of the Ford's better idea nylon one with all the bits broken off and clogging the oil-pump strainer? Oil level checked?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Oil is full. I was leaning towards the oil pump. Good thing they are easy to pull the pan off of. Maybe Saturday???

That would be fun to watch you do.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"