Thread: JUNE TECH DAY: Operation Hood Painting!

JUNE TECH DAY: Operation Hood Painting!

Hi, guys! It was great to see all of you at the meeting tonight!

...And I was so excited to hear that the next Tech Day might be in my honor! The goal being to paint my long-rusted, peeling hood. I have attached 2 images to show it's current state (it used to just be a subtle bubble in the paint, sigh...).

The other problem area that needs some cosmetic tlc is the back end, under the gas cap (also attached a pic), but this is not necessary unless there's time. I feel like once i see how it's done on the hood, i can spend some time tending to the back.

It seems like Saturdays are the best for Tech Days, so what about June 18th? From what I gathered at the meeting, this Tech Day would be at Pat's house, located around Ballard in Seattle.

Thanks again, you guys! I'll bring plenty of water-logged calendars as gifts!

Joanna
    Attached Images Attached Images

Since I'm just around the corner I'll be there. But after we're finished, no more carburetor fires!! And we'll move your gas filler inside the trunk so no more gas spills down the back.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Hey, I think Mike Lavallee would find inspiration in that hood.

http://www.killerpaint.com/

Maybe we could learn to do that kind of painting by June. I'll practice on mine.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I'd love to watch paint/body masters at work. Can bring sandpaper and microbrews.
    If it's running, take it apart and see why.

Kenny! The gas filler is already in the trunk! I think we did that last year? That's just left-over paint peeling from when it was still on the outside...

J

It's good to know I'm not the only one who forgets when they've already done something.

I remember once a friend proceeded to reminisce about the time we yanked his engine out of his Impala and detailed it, put in new freeze plugs, etc.... and I looked at him like he had worms coming out of his ears. And I was much younger then. Makes me
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Oh yea! I do kinda remember that. And I think I had some sort of cereal for breakfast this morning.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Tech Day: list and directions to Pat's house!

Hi, you guys! Just wanted to confirm the tech day coming up, see what time works for everyone, and get some directions to Pat's house (if that's still the location!).

Also! I have a bunch of materials from when i tried painting last time, but what are the basics I'll need to bring with me on the 18th?

Thanks you guys!

Joanna

JUNE TECH DAY: Operation Hood Painting!

Hope I can make this one. Not sure what I can do to help but if there is anything that I should bring let me know. Also has anyone heard when the greenwood car show is this year. Yes, I am actually thinking I can get my car to a show this year. Larry

Unhappy

Hey Guys and Gals,

I need to change the date. I have a scheduling conflict. I propose that Joanna, Kenny, and I take a trip to Wesco that morning to talk and buy paint supplies. We can then determine the best date to do the actual painting.

This will really end up being a two day event. Day one will be a strip and prep day. Day two will be the surface, seal, paint, and clear day. There could then be an optional day three for cut and buff.

Maybe we can do the trunk lid at the same time so we can have two teams working. It's hard to get that many people around one panel.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Sounds good, Pat! I can also just go buy supplies myself if that's easier. I just need a starter list to go from...

Thanks again!

J

What's the final plan for tomorrow (Saturday)? Is there NOT going to be a gathering of everyone at Joanna's? If not, when is the actual Tech Day going to be? If we are going to Joanna's, we'll all need the address for our trusty GPS's.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

postpone!

Hi, all! It seems like things aren't falling together this time around so let's plan this tech day our another month or so! I could still use a list so i can round up my supplies and get my paint for when we are ready!

Thanks, you guys!
    Joanna

We are not meeting tomorrow. I had a prior commitment that I had forgotten about.

I am building a shopping list of supplies to get this done. We'll get this scheduled ASAP.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

We're also at the mercy of the weather for this project and there's a bit too much moisture here in Ballard this morning for driveway painting! Let's hope sunny, dry weather is on the way...

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com